Chasing... Nesting...Scrapin'


(Pages created using "Journey of the Heart Quick Page Freebie" and "Journey of the Heart Charity Mega Kit" from "Digital-Scrapbook-Kits.com. 100% of the proceeds from 'Journey' go to Half the Sky Foundation and Love Without Boundaries. )
Life in our home is starting to become routine. What time I have when I'm not chasing the babies, I've been nesting like I haven't nested in 4 years. Our closets are being emptied, baskets of junk are being put away, Good Will is being bombarded and our home is getting a little love and attention! I am also getting organized with our family photos and using evening hours to decompress with Photo Shop. I'm enjoying the creativity without the mess. The photos here are a couple I did last night for a new mini album I'm working on. Not new pics but I just love the grouping!
The girls are sleeping well together at night and separately for naps since they don't go down at the same time. We have a spare play pen in our room and the girls alternate in there for nap time. This is going to be a double blessing when we get brave enough to travel with them. They will already be used to sleeping in the Pack 'n Play, hopefully we will find that bravery before they are too big to fit in them!
Hope is blossoming before us. It is amazing how much she is changing. Her mobility has moved from 'falling over' to crawling like a pro and cruising anything she can hold on to. She is now letting go for several minutes at a time and standing solo. I think she will be taking her first steps before 2010!
She is also showing us more and more of her silly personality. She has this hilarious, belly laugh that ends in a deep inhale. We all just love to tickle her just to hear her do it!
She gives the best hugs too. She will grasp your arms, put her head on your chest and wiggle! Then she has to keep looking back up to make sure you are still there and then plop her head back down again... over and over!
She also LOVES music and has quite the wiggle! I tape Dancing with the Stars just to watch my girls watch it!! I fast forward through all the talking and they just love to watch the dancing. Kate will bounce, snap her fingers and rock side to side, Hope will just wiggle where she's planted! It's hilarious!
Hope is babbling away saying all kinds of sounds and last week she started saying "HI!". I still practice with her repeating every sound she makes, she loves when I mimic her. Every day I tell her "Wuo Ai Ni Meng, Meng" (I love you with her Chinese nick name) and she will stop dead in her tracks and get very serious. I guess I'm saying it right because she really responds to it.
She is having a ball being a sister. I'm not sure how 'little' a sister she is going to be. She's 4 months younger than Kate but she is almost the same size and her hands and feet just look huge to me! Honestly if Kate didn't have such a big belly... she would be in a smaller size than Hope. So ironic isn't it?
These girls are so incredibly good for each other, it really makes me cry. They sit and sift through they toy box exploring each morning, they play hide and seek together with the window shade in their room, giggles galore. They love splashing around in the bath together and they have a blast wresling around with their big brother! They make us laugh each and every day. Not to say that there aren't normal moments, like playing tug 'o war over a toy or God forbid if Hope gets ahold of Kate's special blankie, but watching them reach out and give each other hugs and kisses... makes you feel at that very moment that world peace is an achievable goal. These are some special sisters.
Life is good, crazy, busy...

2 comments:
Hope is such a little blessing. She give THE best hugs ever, has the greatest laugh, and inspires me with her resilience. She is just blossoming with you!
What a great recap on your sweet Hope. So glad things are going well with her, and with the whole family.
You are, indeed, in the crazy busy years. But be warned...they'll FLY by and you won't even realize how quickly they do! Head spinningly fast, I tell you!
Post a Comment