Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Little Ladies!

So much going on and so little sleep. Hope's day begins at 4am ugh! I am looking forward to when this changes but in the mean time it is precious time I get to have alone with her until the rest of the troops are up for the day.

Hope is usually down for her first nap around 7:30 and I get at least half an hour alone until Katie is up and ready for her one on one mommy time. Then Hope is up by 8:30 - 9 and the games begin! They are both fascinated with each other and yet both fiercely territorial of mommy! Kate loves 'stealing' touches of Hope when she thinks Hope isn't looking, but Hope could care less, she grabs and pinches and pulls at Kate any chance she can get. Kate yanks herself away and looks at me like, "What's her deal?" Kate keeps handing Hope toys only to yank them back gleefully once Hope accepts them and both girls are guilty of grabbing the other's pacifier right from her mouth! They are certainly getting used to each other but I can already see a future of tea parties and dress-up!!

Both girls take an good 2-3 hour afternoon nap and are in bed by 9pm. I do try and nap with them but feel quite drugged afterward. At 9pm? I pass out... It will get better... I am looking forward to more sleep!

7 comments:

Our Journey To Eden said...

Soooo cute! Love the outfits and the smiles! I can't wait to see them in person!!!!!

Luna said...

They're soooooo cute together!!!! It will get easier as soon as Hope gets off of China time. Until then, enjoy your 4 am cuddle time with her.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and the family is all together. Looks like you have your hands very FULL, but I am sure that Chris is a big help!!!! Cannot wait to see them grow up together!!!

The Hartley's said...

WELCOME HOME FAMILY OF FIVE!!!!! Love the picture, don't worry they will be best friends soon!

Kristy said...

I just cant tell you how incredibly beautiful they are, and how blessed you are!!! Double the fun, love, excitement, pride, etc. etc. etc..

Love and blessings, Kristy

Kim said...

Aunt Kim will come over and play with them while you take a long nap!! They are so incredibly adorable I can hardly stand it! Airport pictures coming tomorrow I promise:). Enjoy every minute with them. They are precious.

Truly Blessed said...

Yeah, jet lag is a killer. Can't imagine having one on US time while going through it, though!

Two weeks -- you can make it, in two weeks the jet lag will be over and the girls will (hopefully) be on the same schedule.

Glad you made it safely home!