Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Update!

My title implies that I always blog every Wednesday... LOL! I just couldn't think of something witty today!

Last night I was up to 2AM Photoshopping (not really a word but I love this verb!) 8 pictures of our family with the Chinese characters for, Family, Ma Ma, Ba Ba, Big Brother, Grandma (both kinds!) and Grandpa.

I ordered a care package using Red Thread China. It included translation of a letter I wrote to the orphanage, a disposable camera, a soft photo album to put all of our family pictures in, a pink stuffed bear, some candy and variety of special tea bags for the orphanage and top quality long jing tea for Hope's foster family. Ann, at Red Thread China was wonderful at e-mailing quickly and answering all my questions. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that her foster family gets the box before we get to China.

I also forgot to post that I used Brian Stuy Research China at to obtain Hope's finding ad. Supposedly he has located it and I am still waiting to receive it. I am so very eager to see her 3 week old picture.

I'm still thinking about the 'gifts' but know I have a couple weeks to decide... sometime today I'm going to read over all the travel stuff our agency gave us, to do lists, packing lists, etc... Then I will have a plan going forward!

2 comments:

Our Journey To Eden said...

What fun!!!!!!!

Kramer said...

Things are moving along! We are sending our visa's tomorrow. I also just finished my letter to send and am also using Ann. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about her. Just wondering if your agency has given you any estimate on when they think you will travel? Ours is delaying everything due to the holidays and trade fair.
Waitingonemma.blogspot.com

Kim