Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ladybug, Mei-dybug!

We have had some ladybug sightings lately but NONE as big as this one!!

In order to get to the bank and post office before Chris' friend Jacob came over at 11am, I bribed Chris with a very coveted, rarely offered, McDon*lds breakfast. With a bribe of a Sausage McGr*iddle, hashbrowns and a medium orange juice I was able to get my "sleep until half the day is over" teen out of bed by 8am and happily ready to take on the task of keeping Kate happy while mom took care of business!

When we pulled up to order our breakfast, I saw them. (Play music here) Te*ny Be*ny Babies! No way.. I have memories of being THAT parent, many years ago now of driving around to every MD's I could try and find one of each for my sweet boy... I regret this now but the nostalgia of it was overwhelming and I couldn't help but ask which ones they had! When the cashier said, #2 the Ladybug, I got all misty! I ended up ordering one and a whale for Chris (obviously not too big for a beany). Then as I pulled out my Ladybug Disc*ver card to pay for everything I found myself falling over myself to share my life story with the poor woman, including the 2 pictures in my purse! She was my age and obviously very kind, because she ooooh-ed and aaaaah-ed over my pictures and listended to my every word even though there was a car behind me waiting.

Then I pulled over, not so we could eat, but to rip open my toy! I started crying again when her name was Maiden... Really, I'm starting to lose it!

So a little update from last nights post:

  • Our Visa apps are officially in the mail and by using There's Always Hope we saved $90. (Check)
  • I called the NVC today and they confirmed that they did have our current I-171H approval in their system AND it was mailed to the consulate in Guangzhou today! (Check)
  • Today I have been comparing carepackages and working on a letter to the orphanage. Here's where that $90 will come in handy!
  • I'm also trying to come up with light weight, easy to pack gift ideas that are made in Michigan. So no M*rley's chocolate, Better M*de Chips, Vern*rs, T*wn Club, Fayg*, Kell*ggs, Str*h's or Michigan wine, sadly not packable!
  • So far I have come up with Germ*ck nuts and dried cherries, Buic*k key chains. I might have to broaden my scope to made in the USA and include Ginsing root from Wisconsin and R*vlon lipsicks. Any ideas are welcome!

No comments: