Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pinch Me I'm Dreaming!

tiny hope

Yesterday really happened... it wasn't a dream. It was a day I had dreamed about for years and the moment... the actual moment was over before I knew it! The moment I saw her little face, I was in love. I know everyone says that... and I can tell you it is true.

I have so many questions right now, so many thoughts, so many concerns.

Red Thread Moments:
  • I couldn't believe that Lin was part of her name!
  • She was born on the exact date 3 years after we began discussing adoption as the way to grow our family.

Thoughts that popped into my head yesterday:
  • She is so adorable, she has Kate's cheeks and hairline!! No hairbows for this one either!
  • Kate's a Jie Jie (big sister)!!
  • I couldn't believe that she ended up being younger than Kate but old enough to be in the same 'school year'!
  • We have virtual twins just 4 months apart almost to the day!!
  • When I sent the e-mail to our family and friends I spelled ecstatic "extatic' and never caught they typo... such an important message and I was too ecstatic to notice!!
  • I couldn't believe my agency called so early and e-mailed me the picture while we were on the phone. I had barely even finished getting ready for the day when the phone rang!
  • I will never show anyone except Hope the video of 'The Call' I do not cry pretty and I had black streaks all the way down my neck! It wasn't pretty!

Questions:
  • I wonder how old she was when that picture was taken... I'm guessing 6-8 months.
  • I can't wait to get the rest of her information today. Our agency e-mails it before they send it Fed-Ex!! (How cool is that?)
  • I'm dying to know the translation of her name!
  • I'm wondering who the other family is in our travel group and will I ever know who they are??
  • I am curious if we will travel quickly since there are only 2 families in our group! I would love to have her for her birthday and be in and out of China before flu season really hits and so Chris will only miss the first week of school... I think there is a prayer in there somewhere!
Concerns:
  • I'm a little concerned that we seem to be the only people with this orphanage and I can find very little information on it. I joined the Yahoo group but am still pending membership. Even then there seems to be little traffic on it. The only piece of news I did come across is that the Linxiang SWI is a small country orphanage that has 40 babies and most of them are special needs. This SWI was hit hard by the winter storm and part of the roof collapsed so almost all of the babies were sent to foster care. So all this is a big unknown. It doesn't seem to be a Half the Sky orphanage but HTS did report this little bit of information and was trying to find donations to help them out.
  • I'm having company tonight and my house is a mess... I need to tear myself away from this computer and get going!! I have balloons to fill!
  • And finally a little prayer for Kate... she is teething in a big way... teething really stinks! She is very (unusually) crabby and is running a tiny little temperature. Not a good time for mommy to be so distracted!

14 comments:

Mrs. U said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!! Thank you for telling me so that I can share in your joy!! I am sitting here with tears on my face with sheer HAPPINESS for your family!!!!!!!!! I SOOOOO know all the emotions you are feeling right now!!! I cannot WAIT until you have your sweet girl in your arms!!!!!! Hope HAS come!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His,
Mrs. U

PS- Isn't the wait worth it? :) God's ways are always better than ours, aren't they? :)

Lori said...

Well I don't know what you're feeling, but I look forward to that day! I enjoyed reading your thoughts, concerns, joys....some of them gave me goosebumps! I think it's great that you wrote those out and how special to be able to look back one day and read those thoughts from this once-in-a-lifetime moment.
It seems like we wait y-e-a-r-s and then it all happens in a FLASH!!! :0
So excited for you, enjoy every moment!!! YEA for TWINS....your cup runneth over!!! LOL

Carol said...

I had some of the same questions.......you will meet up with your group in Guanghou at the end of the trip, if not before....

You should get more info on where she is staying and hopefully they allow care packages!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your daugther! She is lovely.
Last month, we were referred a little one from the Linxiang SWI. her name is Lin Yan Xiao and she was born October 2 2008.She is in foster care.
We also failed to find infos (except for the address)on this orphanage and after a month we are still not an approved member of the yahoo group...
From what I know, we are at least three families from our group that were referred a baby from the Linxiang SWI

Nathalie
Waiting for TA

Luna said...

You're not dreaming, you have the most ADORABLE baby girl!! I hope all your questions will be answered soon....Until then, enjoy looking at that adorable baby!!! She was so meant to be yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I always visit the blogs listed on Rumor Queen. I was excited to see another baby from LinXiang SWI because there are so few. We adopted Lucy Faith (Lin Yan Na) from there in Nov '06. She was born 1/8/06. We were not allowed to go to the SWI (too far from Changsha). If you want to email me privately I'm at Hutchison8270@msn.com. BTW - we live in Colorado.

Our Journey To Eden said...

Pinch!!!! So, you are not dreaming!!!!!!!

Speaking of pinch.... have I told you how much I love those cheeks????

Claire-n-Kate's Mom said...

She is absolutely adorable! Love those kissable cheeks. Best wishes, hope your TA arrives quickly!

Steve n Coco said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!
Be blessed,
Courtney (stevencocoj on RQ)

Wanda said...

Congratulations -what a little cutie.

We're just ahead of you. Got our referral last month and are just waiting for our TA.

All the best to you and your family.

Wanda (At Last...)
www.atlastmilanascominhome.blogspot.com

Jewels of My Heart said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations to you and your precious daughter.
God's Speed

Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your referral! When you are ready to get her adorable finding ad (with a photo months younger than her referral photos!) come visit us at www.Research-China.org.

We can assist in answering many of your questions!

All the best!

Brian

allipound said...

My girls are 10 weeks apart! One born 12/7/01 and the other born in China on 2/16/02! They are in the same grade and sometimes it's a wild ride. The teachers have been great so far though.

Truly Blessed said...

I know how surreal it all seems -- the horrible long wait followed by all of the emotion and excitement of learning about your daughter.

FWIW, I'd take the measurements with a grain of salt. You don't know if they're measuring her with all those clothes on or without them (I'd guess with them on).

This is such an exciting time. I'm going to guess that you'll travel right after school starts --leaving on September 11th, meeting Hope on September 15.

BTW, our girls, because of their birthdays, are also able to start Kindergarten on the same day and be in the same grade, but we will let Katie go the year before Ella and keep them one grade apart. Mostly because of the rough start Ella had, but also because they're 11 months apart and I didn't want to "virtual twin" them. Your girls are much closer in age, though, and will likely be much more "twin like" than my girls.

Anyway, enjoy the view from Cloud 9!!