Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tiger Girl!!

tiger girl

Yesterday morning after a couple hours of sleep I was sitting here (in my ladybug nightgown) wondering when we would get the rest of her information, when I heard something at my front door. I hurried up and checked and noticed the Fed-Ex truck but no one was on the porch. When I opened the door, our package was sitting right there! I was sad to not get the obligitory picture with the Fed-Ex guy but really... I wasn't even dressed!! So I took a picture of Chris holding the package anyway!!

This cute picture of Hope was in there and we learned that Yan Meng (or Ming -
not quite sure at this point) means "Bright" as in bright light and "Bud" as in emerging flower. Isn't that sweet?!

We learned about her background and found that she has been in foster care since she was brought to the SWI. We are thankful!!! It's really all we prayed for! That she be well cared for and surrounded by love.

We also got as her medicals at 5 months which look good, as far as we can tell, she is a very healthy, well taken care of little girl. She has 8 teeth! 4 more than Kate! At 5 months she was 14.5lbs and 24.5inches. The clip below shows what she would be rated by American standards and I'm thinking this is fine.. At least she's on the charts right?

Then...This morning I was surprised to open my e-mail to find new measurements from my agency. I'm not sure how current but for a 10 month old little girl...she seems quite well... chubby! If they are recent, at 10 months she is 23lbs, 27in!! So according to the chart... Ummm... what has she been eating the last 5 months?? Either she is incredibly chubby... or something is off! At one year... Kate was 3 inches taller and half a pound heavier... and Kate is big... Is it wrong to question her weight information???

Anyway... I'm exhausted from Referral Day and our Referral Party... more on that with pictures of our 50 red balloon champagne toast, when my headache eases and I find some energy...

Also - I am humbled by all the well wishes... and want to reply to as many as I can - Thank you all!

20 comments:

Susan said...

She's beautiful! And don't worry about the measurements -- one or the other was probably way off. Our daughter supposedly lost 2 pounds in her update, but in fact she was smaller than even that when we got her, so I know the first measurements weren't even close. Your daughter looks healthy and happy (and incredibly gorgeous).

Susan -- visiting from RQ

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Just look at that incredible miracle. She is adorable. I just want to kiss those cheeks. How exciting for you all. I hope all is smooth and you are bringing her home very soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful girl, I seen her picture on the babies list in Rumor Queen. My daughter is from the same orphanage, there is very little information about this orphanage, but the babies are very well taken care of. We are home 16 mths and my daughter is just amazing. If you have any questions pls dont hesitate to ask maryeruane@hotmal.com
Again congratulation.

k1 said...

Lynn, spent all day travelling, so just now am seeing that you FINALLY got your referral.

Congratulations!

Gayle said...

She is DARLING!!! And she looks perfectly proportionate. :) It's very common for the weight/measurements to be off - even way off.

Congratulations!

Gayle, mom to two daughters from China

Ski Patrol said...

She is beautiful!! She looks very healthy and that is all that really matters!The measurements which you receive are always off, always! Have a wonderful journey. Our daughter is from the Linxiang SWI, she is five now and has been healthy all along!

Debbie and Sam said...

Saw your referral on RQ. Congrats! She is beautiful.

Laura said...

What a great photo! My daughter's Chinese name is/was Fu Meng. And with the same meanning, "sprouting". They pronounced it "Mung". And they called her Meng Meng in the orphanage. I thought you'd like to know....
Congrats!
Laura

Luna said...

I'm thinking the weight is a bit off. Ava is 22 pounds now and she is quite the "solid" kid. I have to say that her measurements were dead on from what they gave us.

LOVE the tiger pic!!

Carol said...

That photo is too cute!! They told us that Emily was 24 pounds at 2 yrs, no way was she 24 pounds when we got her!! Maybe from the 10 layers of clothing they had on her!!! She was in 18 month clothes at 2 yrs of age!

Jay and Kelly said...

Goodness!! That is the cutest picture. Don't you just love her?

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

OMG~ She's a tiger tamer! Congrats! She is so adorable!!

Kramer said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I am just now getting around to seeing all the sweet faces as we too got our "surprise" referral! Can't wait to follow your journey.

kitchu said...

she is SO adorable, what a great surprise in that package!!

Christy said...

Congrats on your beautiful little girl. Just a piece of advice-- dont trust the weight. We received Mia's referral when she was barly 5 months old and had her in our arms when she was only 6 months old-- very young.China said Mia, at 4 months old was like 18 pounds. We thought she was going to be a huge chub but turned out she was not even close. I think at 6 months when we had her in our arms that she was only 15 pounds and has turned out to be a petite little thing. Dont trust the stats they give you and bring clothes that are much smaller than you would think-- we put only 3-6 month clothes on mia in china-- they were the only thing that fit her. 6-9 month stuff fell off her.

Good luck and she is just precious. I am so happy for you!!!

Christy :)

The Hartley Clan said...

Absolutely LOVE the picture, what a beautiful, beautiful girl!!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!!

Kristy said...

Oh gosh she is just beautiful, I could just squeeze those little cheeks!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Kristy said...

Oh gosh she is just beautiful, I could just squeeze those little cheeks!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Sherri said...

What a beautiful baby girl! I can look at that picture all day long!!

Thanks for the comment on our 3rd yr. I believe I got that pregnant picture from your blog?...lol

Sherri

Lori said...

She is Y-U-M-M-Y!!! lol