Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prayer for Ava's Family

One of the joys among the challenges we face in this journey of Chinese Adoption are the connections made with those we would never have otherwise made. Our red thread connections are not only with our daughters, but with those who have made our journey with us.

I sit here this morning with joyful tears because one of those dear friends is leaving for China today, to finally realize her dream of adding a daughter to their family. We spent so many years supporting each other over the wait, that it is hard to believe, she is finally going to get Ava... and if she is going... then my turn is just around the corner!

So my dear friend, this blessing is for you:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for placing "L" in my life, her support and laughter has been a true blessing. I pray as they journey to Ava that you hold them and their travel group under your wing of protection, that they find smooth, safe and restful travel.

As they spend time sight-seeing in Beijing I pray that they have fun and absorb the rich culture and history. I pray for a feeling of awe and wonder when they stand atop the Great Wall and view the incredible beauty you have made.

Lord, may their meeting Ava comes quickly, yet allow time to stand still that first moment, so that they will never forget. I pray that they find her smiling, healthy and sweet, that Ava bonds with them quickly and that you will guide them in whatever Ava needs.

Bring them swiftly and safely home, full of sweet, happy memories to share with Ava when she is older.

In His precious name... Amen!

P.S. Lord, I pray that they didn't forget anything they need, their luggage does not weigh too much, that they rest on the plane and not need to watch those 2 seasons of "The Office" as I know it will warp their brains! Help them to find food that they like, but if not, I pray they don't have digestive issues from eating too much peanut butter and diet bars. I pray that they bought the correct transformers and that their electronics are safe and that her flat iron was a good investment (because I'd like to borrow it when I go). I pray that their underwear dries quickly overnight and that the hotel laundry doesn't shrink their clothes more than the weight they have lost from only eating peanut butter...but mostly... that they laugh... everyday...

Love you "L" - God speed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, you are a kind and compassionate woman and it shows in the words you choose to write. I hope that Blogger will be up and running, but if not, I have back up at home. I will send emails and upload photos to Facebook which is what one other family did and they had their forces at home posting to the blog. Your time is coming soon!!! Hold on and God will provide the right timing. You have been so faithful throughout this wait and He will bless you for your faithfulness.

Lynn said...

Oh Debbie you are so sweet!

Luna said...

Ohhh Lynn, I just saw this post now. You're so sweet. You're time is coming and I can't wait to be there cheering you on!! You're such a special friend and I'm so thankful that this wait brought us together. *Hugs*