Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pins & Needles

Now that we are getting closer to referral (subjective I know) each month is getting more and more exciting. We now have been LID for 32 months or 38 months since we began our adoption of Hope.

In the beginning of November China referred families with LID's (requests) through February 17, 2006. Just a mere 33 LID days away from our LID of March 22, 2006.

Waiting on pins and needles to see how much closer they get this week, I am going to guess that they refer up through February 23rd (6 days) putting us at 27 days more days to go.

I read a post recently about speculation on the massive slow down in Chinese adoptions or "paper ready" babies, that finally made sense to me. It talked about how when the Hague Treaty went into effect (can't seem to find the year right now) that it became very expensive and labor intensive to get babies ready for international adoption (IA)so more and more orphanage directors are choosing NOT to prepare their babies for IA.

I have believed all along, that there was not such a huge drop in abandoned children in China to account for the drop in IA. Especially when the amount of babies actually adopted out were a mere fraction of the abandoned children to begin with...

Pray for these forgotten children, THEY are the ones who suffer at the expense of this rules put into place to protect... whom?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to get through February this month would be a huge answer to my prayer!!! Hang in there the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger!!!

Carol said...

I can believe that.........

Kristy said...

We are one month behind you and we will get there. I also pray the same prayers as you.
Love and blessings, Kristy

k1 said...

27 days away.

I'm thinking you will get a June referral. Hopeing for sooner, but am thinking June. Which won't be so bad because Chris will be on summer vacation and you won't have to worry about him missing school while you travel.

I am so glad that this l--o--n--g wait is finally winding down for you.

(Hoping it doesn't take until June!)

Lynn said...

K1 - if things progress as they have with an average of 6 days it should be May, but I am thinking, (with a guarded heart) that things will slow a bit, so I am conservatively thinking July but know it could be anytime after May but hoping not more than August.

As far as Chris missing school, I think that is BEST, yet we have always thought it would be terribly COOL for him to miss school and allow his class to follow HIS blog.

He is an excellent student and would have no problem catching up on the homework. Especially as the 'New Kid' he might score some popularity points!

On the other hand, I am not looking forward to the heat... I hate the heat...I do not do well in the heat or without sleep, here I might have to deal with both!

Lori said...

Hi Lynn, I'm so glad you left a comment...I lost track of your blog! I can't believe you are getting so close....I'm so excited for you!!
Yes, I can believe your agency is still waiting...it's quite an ordeal and I do hope it all works out for them!
I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Lori said...

Also, this is the first time (if you can believe that) that I've heard this explanation!! It does make complete sense and unfortunately many babies are suffering because of it. Something meant for "good" is really not so "good" at least in terms of finding homes for these babies. :(
I had always heard that the orphanages "can't get the babies paper-ready", etc....I'm sure there are many "loopholes" to jump through to do so that sadly many don't or can't even bother with.
Anyway, I'm so glad you posted this and I do hope China (and others) can find a way to make it work for the sake of the children.