Saturday, November 29, 2008

Merry Christmas

Those who know me well, know I am obsessed with Christmas music. I begin listening to my huge collection starting on Halloween each year and sing my heart out for 2 full months. I have more Chrismas CD's than any other genre, from classic Frank Sinatra and Barbara Striesand; Christian artists like Micheal W. Smith and Amy Grant; a few at the time trendy pics like Clay Aiken and *NSYNC; all time favorites like Gloria Estephan, Harry Connick Jr. and Chicago.

I really like my Harry Connick Jr. "When My Heart Finds Christmas" and oddly enough my Ally McBeal Christmas Cd, Robert Downey Jr. does a rendition of Joni Mitchell's "River" that breaks my heart and Chris love's Jane Krakowski's version of "Run, Rudolf, Run" & "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa" I love to sing along with *NSYNC's a cappella version of "O Holy Night" in my car as LOUD as I can belt it out.

I have a few instumental CD's like Manheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra and I classify George Winston's December and Canadian Brass Greatest Hit's with my Christmas stuff because they remind me of a winter romance I had in my youth ; )

I have more Amy Grant than any others and love them the best, since I played them over and over when I was in labor with Christopher almost 13 years ago. "Tennesee Christmas", "Breath of Heaven" and "Emmanuel" are my favoite AG's... I think I like her so much since she sings in my key - whatever that is?

In general my favorite Christmas songs are O Holy Night, The First Noel, Emmanuel, White Christmas and The Christmas Song and Winter Wonderland!

Every year I try and treat myself to a new Christmas CD, 2 years ago I happened upon a Third Day "Christmas Offerings" CD that was mis-shelved near the "Kid's Bop" CD's I was looking to buy Chris for his birthday. I though "Okay, this will be the one this year!" I threw it in the cart and tore it open in the car and was enjoying it as I ran the rest of my errands, when "Merry Christmas" began to play, it was like being hit from behind... I had to stop the car... I wasn't breathing... I prayed through my tears... for myself, for all the babies needing homes and for all the families waiting.




I also love my Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas cd's, yet this year, they are making me cry each and every time I hear his voice. Praying for the Chapman family this holiday season.

4 comments:

Our Journey To Eden said...

Oh Lynn, this really is the hardest time of year as far as the wait goes. I pray this will be the last Christmas without Hope.

Lynn said...

And you without Eden.. my friend!

Anonymous said...

Our favorite CD is Amy Grant's A Christmas to Remember. It is the only one we have so it is our favorite! Amy has always been one of my favorite singers. Enjoy your Christmas music!!

Lynn said...

Kim - I'm going to buy you another CD for Christmas!