Geeked, Psyched, Stoked...
Whatever you want to call it... I'm getting excited!
Today I called the health department to check on our immunizations, we never went back for our 3rd shot. I found out we don't have to start over... we just need to get in for the last one.
I e-mailed immigration and played dumb. I told them we had our freebie and needed to renew, what do we do? They said I needed to send a request to renew our fingerprints within 30 days of them expiring and then send in our I600a 30 days before our I-171h expires. We let our fingerprints expire last time, I guess we won't do that now.
I actually read our Reality Check and With Eyes Wide Open a long time ago and never took the 'tests' I am going to be finishing those up in the next week.
Tomorrow night Jim and I are going to start making lists of stuff we need and what we need to begin looking into, like travel, packing lists etc. Talked about getting Chris his own digital camera for Christmas. He will be a wonderful camera man.
I'm thinking about car seats, strollers, high chairs.... cute baby clothes? (no wait I already have a closet full of those!)
I keep talking to Chris, how cool it would be to miss 2 weeks of school and keep his own blog. Then when their class is in computer's with Amiee she can have them all check him out on the Great Wall and with his sister!!
Yeah, the bricks are falling, the walls are coming down... I am starting to get excited!
P.S. Prayer request: I have 2 friends who are in different stages of domestic adoption they could use a few prayers about right now
The photo of Chris was taken just before we began our Journey to Hope, more than 3 years ago... this journey has been such an amazing test of faith for this young man... stay tuned for a similar pose on The Great Wall... almost 4 years later...

8 comments:
I can't wait to see THAT picture of Chris on the Great Wall!
About the renewal stuff....I thought you could send in your request 90 days before your I171H expires? I swear I read that on the USCIS site. I'm mailing mine at the end of the month (exactly 90days before mine expires)...Am I wrong? Also, do you remember what you included in with your freebie last time? Do you send all the birth certificates, marriage license and tax returns? I should have probably just emailed you! =)
Lisa,
I'm going to e-mail you!
Lynn
I'll put my plug in for favorite baby gear: :-)
Carrier: Ergo (expensive, but a MUST in my opinion. Whatever you get, DO NOT get a Baby Bjorn. I permanantly damaged my back carrying my 22 lb baby around China for two weeks. I got the Ergo when we got home and still use it all the time and she's three now!)
Carseat: Britax (the safest)
Stroller: Macalren (but there are a lot of good ones)
Such an exciting time!! Enjoy the pre-referral excitement.
Catherine
Mama to Annie (3, Hubei) and Kate (1, JiangXi)
I am so glad that you have come out of hiding!! I have faithfully checked your blog and knew that one day there would be activity. So glad you are getting excited!!
Hi Lynn,
It was such a pleasure to meet your beautiful family tonight. It is so strange how we met but reinforces the good that comes out of the computer. I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Emily - Amiee DiBrango's sister
Catherine,
I have heard good things about the ergo, I will pop over to their web-site!!
Thanks!!
Debbie!
You are so sweet! And my blog was soooooo boring!
Emily!
It was so fun running into you! We wouldn't have known each other if we hadn't been linked by Amiee's blog!!
Post a Comment