Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally Less Than A Year....

Yesterday I was out shopping with a friend for fabric to make her baby girl (due in December) a Christening dress. While I was sitting at the pattern table figuring out how much of each fabric to buy, my son Chris was sitting in his computer class.

His teacher, my friend Amiee who is 13 months behind us in LID, was checking her e-mail and discovered the message from JSCIS on the I600a issue. She was so excited she couldn't wait to tell someone! Chris was right there! The only person in the entire school who would not only understand but was also affected!!! She actually called me from class to tell me the good news! I wish I had been home to hear it! I get chills just thinking how they were right next to each other when she found the message and Chris knew before I did!

Yet I will tell you he already knew. God has been using Chris all along to keep me faithful and using the adoption to strengthen his faith. When I was upset on Monday about the possibility of not being able to renew our I-171h, Chris was so gentle and sweet, but completely adamant that we were going to China. That nothing would get in our way of getting Hope. He was so calm about it and was doing a great job of consoling ME... it was so very mature.

I am starting to get excited... maybe I'll come out of hiding soon!

9 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Lynn yes it was a great day yesterday wasn't it!!!! Your son sounds like the calm one that my husband is,he never worries!!!! I think that is such a blessing though because they can keep us sane!!! You don't have that much longer and neither do we, it is time to get excited!!!! Have a great day!!

Love, Kristy LYNN

Anonymous said...

I am loving your more frequent posting! You should definitely come back to the bloggin' world. :-) Your time is FINALLY around the corner. Hopefully just 6-7 more months until you see precious Hope's face!! You can SO get through that, it is such a short time compared to your almost three years you've already been through. Hang tight, girly. Start getting a packing list together, set up the nursery, pick out a stroller, make a baby registry ... you are SO CLOSE. I have chills for you.

M.

Ava's family said...

I also want to chime in and say that I'm glad you're posting more often too! You were very much missed in the blogging world!

Yesterday sure was a great day!! FINALLY, they did the right thing!

Love, Lisa LYNN =)

Lynn said...

You guys are too funny! I have two middle names...LYNN MARIE!!

Now if I could only figure out who M. is...?? Out yourself!!

Mrs. U said...

This is GREAT news!!! And, to top it off, your referral is just around the corner!! It is getting SO much closer!!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn! I am "M." :-) I found your blog through Rumor Queen over a year ago and have been following along ever since. I don't have a blog, and I don't use my real name on the Internet, so I just sign everything with my first initial. Sorry to be so illusive. We (DH and I) are pursuing a SN adoption. We are also hopeing for a referral in 6-8 months. Maybe we'll travel together?! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself a little bit.

Take care!
M.

k1 said...

I just read the news and popped over here to tell you. I see I've been beat. Isn't it great???

It's so good to "hear" excitement in your "voice" again.

Lynn said...

M. Hello! I was actully thinking it was a few of my friends being 'elusive'!!

Welcome and thanks for stopping in, I actually have had a pretty boring blog for the last year!

Our Journey To Eden said...

Enjoy this time! You have waited so long for this!!!!!!!