Friday, February 22, 2008

222 - My Lucky Number

seize the moment


Well, here we are February 22, 2008. (or 222) If you had told me 2 years ago that I would be still waiting for my daughter, I wouldn't have believed it. Yet, here we are-

23 Months down - "Another Year To Go"

Any way, since I posted last, I have been baby-sitting 3 days a week, volunteering at the school once a week and sorting through pictures of my son's entire life. I am playing with digital scrapbooking and have found a ton of cool sites that offer freebies! Love a freebie!

So if anyone is into digi scrap, let me know, I am trying to decide on a software package to use, I am doing the free trial of Paint Shop Pro right now, it seems a little combersome and more powerful than I will use at first. I'm also looking for anything free in the way of papers, embellishments and ideas!

9 comments:

FHL said...

I'm bracing for the worst, hoping for a speed up, and praying for a miracle. Whatever happens, we're all getting a little closer with each day.

Your site looks beautiful.

Ava's family said...

Another month closer!! Glad you're keeping yourself busy with a lot of fun stuff.

I've always wanted to try digital scrapbooking....It always looks so pretty.

kitchu said...

Happy 23!!!!

Nikki said...

It's good to hear from you, Lynn.
Sounds like you've been keeping very busy...
Congrats on 23 months. You're gettin' there.
XO

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I use PSE 6. Still learning though. I am so wanting to get with some other digi scrappers who are well seasoned so that I can watch and learn. I am such a visual learner. Good job on the photo and page. You and I are in the same boat girl, never would have thought 23 months later that I still would not have my Darci. We'll get there soon!!!

Kristy said...

Another month closer!!! We just celebrated our 22nd!!!! It feels so good to be this far , we have to look on the bright side we could still be waiting for LID!!!! Have a great sunday!!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Wow! Congratulations on 23 months down. That is a huge milestone.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I felt led to come give you some encouragement today. :) I know I need a lot of it!! I found a verse and I thought of your daughter when I read it because of her name...

But HOPE that is seen is no HOPE at all. Who HOPES for what they already have? But if we HOPE for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently~ Romans 8:24-25

I am praying for you, friend.

M.

Lynn said...

Dear M.

What a beautiful passage. I have a little list of scriptures that refer to Hope that have come to me in various times during my journey.

4 years ago after we made the decision to stop medical treatment, through a bible study I came across:

But we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that our sufferings produce perseverance, perseverance, character and character HOPE. Romans 5:3-4.

I loved this verse because it said what I already knew from past experience in times of trial. God provides blessing in everything and it is especially in these times that He helps us to grow and learn.

For me the greatest blessing in each hardship, is that it has given me the ability to help others who have gone through similar things.

I shared this verse with everyone I could that year who seemed to need it as much as I did. During a baptism one Sunday morning, I whispered a prayer that if I were to ever be blessed with a daughter I would name her Hope. It was about 6 months later when we decided to begin our China journey.

When I called my brother in-law to tell him our news he shared this passage with me:

HOPE defered makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

And my dear friend Judy put this verse on a card for me a year ago:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." Jeremiah 29:11"

Now I have this new verse to add to my list, I love it...

Thank you dear friend.