Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blessings Overflow



In light of this month's devastating 5 day referral batch I am angry, frustrated, and overwhelmed with grief. I emptied Hope's room out today, packed up her little pink things and stripped the crib. The reminder of what may never be has become unbearable.

I keep reminding myself that I'm alright. That God is good and that I am blessed.

As I am typing this it is getting dark and bitter cold, after a beautiful day of sunlit snow. My house is cozy warm and we are enrobed in the smells from the pot roast simmering on the stove. Chris has the sniffles and is cuddled up on the couch with a new video game, relaxed and enjoying himself. Jim is on his way home from his first day back to work after 2 weeks vacation, I know that he is looking forward to a quiet evening after his long day and hour long drive home in the snow. There is something so comforting about settling in on a cold winter night. It is in these quiet moments that I can reflect on my blessings and thank God for all I have.

My cup overflows...My Joy is in the Lord

6 comments:

Lori said...

Lynn,
I am still on "break" and not back to blogging yet but when I saw your post I couldn't resist leaving a comment....
I think I know exactly how you feel.
Sometimes I don't know if I can endure this wait. I will be packing up our nursery soon too. :(
I also know what you feel about the warmth and joy of having a family to love and care for and a cozy place to all be together. :)
Blessings to you in the year ahead.

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I am so sorry that your heart is so heavy!!! Bundle up and stay warm!!! I'll continue to check in every so often!!
Sending cyber hugs to you!!!!

Truly Blessed said...

Lynn,

I know your heart hurts. FWIW, I think you did the right thing by putting Hope's things out of sight. Although I miss you, I also thing you're doing the right thing by staying away from the computer.

In the meantime, enjoy Michigan's beautiful snow, your warm, comfortable home and your two awesome men.

I'm still waiting to hear more about your quilt business (because I never did a quilt for Katie, and therefore can't do one for Ella, I just may need to purchase "handmade (just not my Mom)-with-love" quilts for them both!

Hope to see and read about your ideas SOON!

Kelly

Our Journey To Eden said...

You are not alone. This is so painful. Wish there were something I could say or do for you. Hoping for brighter days ahead.

redmaryjanes said...

All I can say is I know. But all we can do is move forward. I send you a big hug.
It is mighty cold in our state tonight, that's for sure.

k1 said...

Miss you.