In The Pink
Thanks for everyone's thoughtful comments and prayers. I have to say I have really felt the prayers. It is amazing the support system I have here at home. My family and friends have all been supportive and understanding. I have spent time in prayer and have found that if the Chinese government wants me to wait. Then I'm gonna wait!! This is a staring contest I'm gonna win!
In the mean time I am putting feelers out for other options and get to start doing day-care for my 4 year old neighbor Lainey for 10 weeks while her mom does her student teaching. I also found out that 13 years ago when I 'quit' going to college, due to morning sickness with Chris, I actually had enough credits to graduate with an Assoc. in General Studies. Since I didn't finish my last class in my area of study (Assoc of Computer Geek) I didn't apply for graduation. I could have changed my major and gotten my diploma. After all these years all I need to do is take a class (any class) just to be enrolled and I can get a piece of paper that will say I finished 'something'!! (Kim if you are reading this stop laughing!)
So now I get to decide which class to take, hmmm, there is Culinary Arts 101, Early Childhood Development, Finance, maybe an HTML class!!... Decisions ... Decisions...

6 comments:
Is there anything that involves sewing or (doll) fashion design? You would get an automatic A+++ in that class!
WELCOME BACK!
How about cake decorating?! I know you would get an A++++ in that one!
You asked how I'm handling the wait.....Actually I'm doing alright (not to say that I might be in tears next week =). I've decided that wishing doesn't make it so and I seriously doubt things are ever going to speed up (who said December was smaller?)....And I'll wait just as long as it takes. If for some reason things stop altogether...I will survive that too. We WILL have our Ava someday (even if she isn't from China) and I know I will be soooooo happy that this wait brought me to HER.
I don't think there is even a doll clothes or cake decorating class even at our little community college! However I did notice Wedding Cake Design! But it has a few prerequisites!!
And Lisa,
Beautifully stated. I am right there with you!
Hey Lynn!
Just checking in.
Glad to see you are feeling better...we need to get together!
Hey there,
There's a little something for you over at my blog.
Happy New Year.
I am not laughing! I think this is great! I would go for the culinary arts and I wish I could take the class with you. I think you are already pretty good with HTML, finances, child development, etc. Actually, you are a great cook too so why don't they just give you the diploma and call it a day? tee hee You are so multi-talented already. Congrats on the great news.
Post a Comment