January Update - 22 Months
I just wanted to check in and say "Hello" to everyone who stops in here regularly. I can't believe I am still getting hits on my "Boring-not updated-sad about the wait" blog! I don't want to lose complete touch, so I am going to post monthly, around the time of our LID-iversary, (22 Months on the 22nd) until we get closer. My spirits have been high these past few weeks, I am focusing on the rest of my life and enjoying it!
Chris and Jim went on their Winter Camping trip with Boy Scouts last week-end. I spent time with girlfriends and sorting family photos. (last years New Year's Resolution!) Jim has been waiting and preparing for this camping trip for six months. It is the time where the boys can earn a Polar Bear patch. The only requirement: Stay outside for 24 hours in tempuratures below freezing. What????
As an All Girl - American Woman - I ask WHY??? The only answer I get is a sly smile with a twinkle in his eye.
So while I was bundled up in my flannel pajamas, in my king sized pillow top bed with sateen sheets and extra loft comforter, my baby was sleeping in the snow...
I pulled Jim aside as he was packing, and informed him that the only reason I was allowing Chris to go on this was because of him. That if my baby came home with frostbite or pneumonia, he would suffer beyond his wildest imagination. To this my husband, stared blankly, like a deer in headlights...
In the end... my son had the time of his life. He got to hang with 19 other boys, sleep in the snow, cook every meal for his patrol, have snowball fights, go sleding, share jokes and bodily functions and in the end, earn his Polar Bear! I don't think he's a baby anymore...

6 comments:
Glad to hear you're doing well and congrats on another month closer.
Polar Bear patch, huh?......Yikes!
That sounds like 23.5 hours too long and about 40+ degrees too cold for me! =)
Yeah, the wierd thing is that this isn't a merit badge, just something extra 'for fun'???
:)
Your guys' idea of fun doesn't sound too fun to me!
It was WICKED cold this weekend. Burrrrrrr.
Stay warm!
22 months! We'll celebrate that on Thursday, OK?!?
And the guys' trip just looked COLD to me too...I'll never really understand boys.
(glad they made it home without frostbite)
Just stopping by to say hi and let you know I'm thinking about you and I understand.
Sending hugs your way~
That's funny about the boys!! Brrrrr
If you were in your nice warm bed, who took the pictures??
Chris, all I can say is, you are a far better man than I!
Post a Comment