I'm Back...
...from vacation that is. Our vacation was just what the doctor ordered. I am hesitant to dive back into reality, but here's my 2 cents on referrals.
I felt that this last batch of 8 days was better of course than the 5 day that we had in October in number of days and poll families matched, but not really back to 'normal'.
While I was away my adoption agency sent out it's usual notice that referrals had gone out as well as another note warning us about visiting rumor sites. I realize that there are people who can get caught up in the RUMORS but I have believe that Rumor Queen is the best source we have to finding the FACTS. Below are the last 6 months of referrals based on RQ's polls, showing the number of days and the number of poll families matched.
Using the number of families matched is a much better way to estimate what will happen next... of course in this ever changing environment this is of course shaky on a long term basis. So here's what I'm thinking for next month.
I will be happy with 10 days but not surprised with 7 days,of course the header for 5 days speaks for itself!

8 comments:
Welcome back!
Will you post pictures of your trip to sunny FLA?
TB- we'll see when... I am being catapulted into a busy week. I have a few I do want to post, we really didn't take too many.
But it WAS sunny!
So glad to see you're back! As far as what they send out in referrals this month....I REFUSE to let it ruin my Christmas EVEN if it's a 2 day batch....REFUSE! My last Christmas STUNK because of my mood and it isn't happening again. =)
Lisa,
I will try... I have to say that I am not that strong anymore, but I am working on it!
I am really hoping for a 10-day batch, but I don't know if that is realistic or not.
Lynn,
When we first started this process I had nerves of steel and the first few batches of the "slow down" didn't bother me. Now I cry at the hint of a nad rumor. I tend to stay off RQ's main blog because of my emotions, but I love the forum, and I can't wait to jump in the rumors when my time begins to get closer.
Sheila
LID 2/31/06
Oops. I mean 'bad' rumor not 'nad' LOL!
Sheila
Hi! Shiela!
Nice to meet you! You are just in front of Lisa in this mad race...
Do you have a blog? Can't wait to live vicariosly through you!
Welcome home, Lynn!
Let's chat soon.
Post a Comment