Pie In The Face
Dear Family and Friends... It looks like referrals are in and the cut off was only November 30th.
If we are using poll numbers this is one of the smallest months ever... 68 families as opposed to the average of about 127 they have been doing in recent months.
Am I upset????
Hmmm.... oddly I feel a strange calm. I even baked this beautiful pie today.
Those of you who know me in real life know that I have been going through an exceptionally needy time ever since school started and that I hate being the 'victim' type...
But today of all days, I am feeling calm. I'm not exactly sure of the reason but I think it is a combination of the amazing outpouring of support from my family, friends and fellow bloggers, the cold calls I have been making to adoption agencies 'just to see what they have to say' and they are telling me to 'sit tight' or the new Bible study I started three weeks ago on Daniel which is really strengthening my relationship with God and helping me to focus on the here and now.
So thank you to everyone in my real life: The Perfect Nerd, Chris, Mom, Janis, Judy, Kim, Amiee and Tracy.
And my bloggy friends Lisa, Kelly, Nikki, K1, Kimberly, Kris, Sophia's Mom, Amy and anyone who actually comments here!
________________________________________________________
If anyone knows when the fiscal year ends in China, please let me know. I've asked at RQ and no one replied. I'm thinking it's November. Also, there is some speculation that some of the CCAA workers are matching families with January LID's. This would mean that those workers have already matched their December families right?
If I'm right, and if there is a quota in place only allowing out so many babies per year then the CCAA might be at the end of their quota. They have plenty of babies to match (and of course plenty of families) but they can only match so many before the end of the year.
So instead of matching them all now and skipping next month, they split them up and matched some now and will match the rest of their quota in November.
The good news would be, (if my theory is correct) that the December and early 2008 batches could be quite a bit larger due to being able to 'start over' with their quota.
What do you all think???

14 comments:
I KNOW it is hard waiting!!!! Do NOT lose hope!! Before you know it, you'll be blogging post after post all about her!! You'll be home, she'll be into everything and you will laugh when you try to remember "the wait". I PROMISE!!!!
CCAA WILL eventually speed up. I am positive. China is SO into "losing face" and they are definitely losing face in this area. I feel that they will speed up soon!
His,
Mrs. U
Oh, and what kind of pie is that? It's lovely! What's the recipe? Would you mind sharing?? :)
His,
Mrs. U
The pie looks fabulous! And the Lord knows just the right date to bring your little sweetie home.
I pray it's quickly!
Sue
Mrs. U!
Thanks for stopping by! I am honored that you have left me a comment! I just love your blog!
As far as the wait? The way you say it I believe! From your lips to God's ears!
The pie? Apple; I used Macintosh because I just love the flavor! The recipe is the basic recipe from Betty Crocker and I cheat and use Pillsbury crust... (I never did learn to make a good crust)
We did end up cutting into it! It is yummy!
I love reading your ideas..I cant wait for a speed up..We will all be oh so happy to hear they have 10-12 days or even more!@
Girlfriend, I've had the SAME theory rolling around in my head! I also was thinking it was November that the new fiscal year started! I was going to post something on RQ, but I didn't.
Why else would we be hearing about them matching so far ahead? I NEVER remember hearing about that in the past!! I think they're just waiting until they can send out a big batch when the new year begins! Hoping, praying.....
That pie looks delicious...and apple! yum.
At least you are making good use of your time as you wait...I am so sorry it's taking so long. It is truly making me heartsick for so many of my sweet friends, but Sue is absolutely right-God knows exactly the right time for your sweet baby girl to join your family. Thankfully, one day you will look back at all of this and just sigh...as you squeeze Hope tightly and give her a big kiss.
(see you soon, friend.)
I hope that your theory is right! I've had a hard month.
I feel you pain sister! Just can't believe what is happening with the wait. I pray pray pray that you are right and some much larger batches start showing up. I look at my giant countdown calendar and to look at it you are so close. Tonight Adrian and I crossed off the days till November 30th. He saw where I have "Hope" written on March 22nd. He got so excited! He yelled, "Hope is almost here!"
Oh please let hope be almost here.
Oh Amiee, Adrian just made me 'Cry Happy'!!
The pie looks yummy but what's this using "prepared crusts"? lol
If we are able to get together, maybe I will show you how to make a mouth-watering crust from scratch at Thanksgiving.
:)
Ohhhhh!!! Cliff!! You are ON!!! Finally a family member who can cook!!! (No offense MOM)
Beautiful pie! Hang in there. It is worth every second..I promise you that:)
Kim
Are you doing the Beth Moore Daniel? I did it over the summer....it was amazing! I love reading your blog.....we have a 7 yo little boy and a golden retriever, too! :)
Hang in there with the wait...
Marcy
ourpearblossom.blogspot.com
LID 3-23-07 (ugh!)
Post a Comment