Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Let Me Try Again... Some Hopefulness

Soooooo..... my theory on how far the CCAA would get this month seems to have been blown out of the water due to end of the year ceiling and possibly a large amount of expedited referrals.

I now know that the end of the Chinese fiscal year is November 30th, I can't make any guesses on what will happen for the next two referral sets, assuming that the December 1st batch will reflect the 'end of the year'.

I was coming up with guesses based on poll information but now we know that SN and Expedited referrals have priority and we can't predict how many poll families will be matched either.

So I just wanted to share with you some numbers I came up with that might give everyone a boost.



LID days per batch averages:



  • The current overall (22 months) - 10.45

  • The last 12 months - 9.42

  • The last 6 months - 5.83 (ugh)

  • Overall before processing Oct. 05 - 12.76

  • Overall before processing Nov 05 - 11.86

So the million dollar question? Is this slow down due to the large nature of November, SN turn over, expedited families and the end of the year ceiling, OR is it just the new norm??


I'm still glass is half full... I'm thinking once we start the new fiscal year, things are going to start to get back to the way they were before they began processing November... 12 day averages, at least until they start referring March, then I don't know what they will do.


In this case I still won't see a referral before the end of the school year, but I am hoping before September.


My 2 cents.

4 comments:

Ava's family said...

Yep, I was thinking that if things don't speed up (even a little) in the next two months....They aren't gonna. I back to feeling like it will happen when it happens and I need to try and chill out again. Easier said than done.

Lynn said...

Since school has started I've moved from sadness to feeling out of control to anger.

I'm not sure what's next but the anger stage is very out of the norm for me... my family is walking on eggshells around me the last few days.

Chill out? What's that?

Truly Blessed said...

I can only imagine how frustrating this is - wouldn't it be nice if the number of LIDs referred each month was predictable? So much for planning our lives, I guess.

Again, those of you with higher level math skills impress and intimidate me!

Ava's family said...

After MY anger stage I simply went back to the chilling out stage. I think MY anger stage just usually happens about 1 week a month...hmmmm.