SNEAK PEEK!
I'm just dying to have the nursery finished and post everything but frankly we have several Arts & Crafts projects to do before Hope's room will be finished.
If you know Jim and me we love to add our talents to each room we decorate to save money and finish a room in with a personal touch of love (and sweat).
Below are a few things we have finished... and many things we plan to do!

I made these Austrian shades and curtains for the window. Now that the closet is finished the window seat is completely emptied. I plan to make a soft green chenille cushion. (Project 1) I can just visualize Hope sitting here reading her storybooks.

I am using Christopher's crib and changing table which are a traditional white with turned spindles and arched head and foot boards. These bumper pads are still in progress... Embroidering one bug at a time! The rest of the fabrics are a combination of calicoes and stripes in pinks and greens. (Project 2)

We purchased this ceiling fan at Lowe's! The blades flip to a solid pink but the color is a bit too "purple" for our room color. So we plan to paint the blades and recover the lampshades with a fabric from the bedding! (Project 3)

I purchased this sweet rocker from Plow and Hearth (last year!) It's actually faux rattan! It should wear really well! Of course... it will have a pink and green print cushion on it!! (Project 4)

This terribly cute dollhouse bookcase screamed at me when I saw it at Target! It was $79!! Luckily Jim is pretty handy with a saw and hammer! I plan to design one myself and hope to hit the dollhouse stores in Frankenmouth this week to buy dollhouse wood shingles, windows and doors to trim out Hope's cute bookcase! (Jim's Project 1)
Bird House!
I have an idea for a floor lamp. I want to buy a little 'ready to paint' bird house from Michael's. This bird house will be the "lamp shade". Then use a PVC pipe as the pole and a planter as the base! I want to fill the planter with plaster to weigh it down but have some faux grass and a few flowers growing out of it! I thought it would be a very whimsical piece for her Rose Garden!! (Project 5)
Quilt Rack
Since I am a quilter I told Jim about my idea of a ladder quilt rack that will hang on the wall. He was all excited when I told him about this idea. He already knew of how he wanted to make it so that it would be adjustable and could hold 3 or 4 quilts! (Jim's Project 2)
Doll Cradle
The last thing I want Jim to work on is refinishing my doll cradle I had when I was little. It really needs some repair and I want to paint it white! He thought this would not be a big job at all! Again... more time! (Shared Projects 6 & 3!)
As you can see... we have started but have a long way to go!

3 comments:
Looking good!
I love, love, love the window seat.
Hope will enjoy that sooo much...what a beautiful room she will have.
Great start! Love the ideas you have. Are you going to turn the bookcase into a dollhouse? I never thought of that -- very cool (I've had my eye on that bookcase at Target for a long time -- but Katie has way too much furniture in her room for me to add anything else).
Keep up the great work...the window seat is awesome.
Everything is just beautiful and very lovingly done.
You have been given great talents to put that room together, I'm sure it makes it fun and saves money!!
Post a Comment