Friday, April 6, 2007

Paint it Pink!


With the help of a Sherwin Williams color selection tool (Thanks to the guy that painted our exterior house trim) and Sherwin-Williams.com I was able to come up with the perfect pink for Hope's room!


VERBENA!

Since I have LOTS of pink fabrics and a pretty strong print for the curtains I wanted a very soft ballet slipper pink as to not overwhelm the fabrics and create a Pepto Pink feel to the room.


Sherwin Williams website has this nifty little color selector that lets you choose a room and paint the trim and walls in different colors using all their paint colors. This was quite fun!


I was going to use pink on the walls and green on the ceiling but decided against it after using this tool. Not that pink and green don't go great together! It just wouldn't work with the traditional feel I'm going for!


Word of caution! Use the actual paint chips to decide on the final shade. Your computer screen will be very different from the true paint color!


My sweet hubby just finished up the second coat... it looks PERFECT! On our way to Home Depot for crown molding! I love four day week-ends!


Sherwin Williams Web-site!!

3 comments:

Ava's family said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Lynn said...

"Before" and "Middle" pictures to be posted Monday. We will have the basics complete tomorrow. Walls, crib, curtains etc.

It will take me a few more weeks for me to finish "accessorizing" the room!

This is really taking the edge off that @#%$%^ 2 day referral fiasco!

Lori said...

Love the soft pink color!