Monday, September 7, 2009

We Have Hope!

We left the hotel at around 2:30 and drove about 20 minutes to the Civil Affairs Bureau. After a short wait a nanny brought out the other families daughter and we were able to take pictures while they got to know each other.  Their daughter is 4 so she was reciting each of their names while being coached by the nanny.  It was incredibly sweet. 
Then we went into a waiting room where we waited a few more minutes before they brought Hope in. I was enjoying watching the other family with their daughter, I didn't even notice they had brought her in until her nanny walked past me with her.  She was dressed in a pink lightweight sweatsuit fabric outfit. Long pants, long sleeves. Socks and sandals.  She had a pink pacifier in her mouth and her hair has grown some but is now standing on end.  She has a bit on top but barely any on the sides.  Then the nanny sat down with her. I was looking frantically around trying to get the okay to take her, but I guess a couple papers needed to be exchanged before they would hand her to me.  So I went over and sat on the bench next to Hope and her nanny and just talked to her and held her hand. 
A few moments later they told me I could take her from the nanny.  As I lifted her, I realized every bit of paperwork was true.  My girl is big.  She just went limp in my arms and settled in.  She took the toy keys I had for her and just looked from face to face as we talked to her.  She felt warm and had a little cough and was incredibly relaxed.  She just melted into me the orphanage director said she was a very peaceful baby.  So far I would have to agree.
Our group then was taken to the supermarket to pick up any last minute things we needed for our girls. Since we had gone last night there really wasn't much we needed but it was fun to wander around with Hope.  We got a lot of stares before we had Hope, now people were coming up to us, and playing with her.  One woman kept giving us the thumbs up, it was very sweet!  Hope was also so hot I ended up taking her shirt off!  I noticed other children in the store without shirts (grown ups too!) so I went ahead.  I think she felt much better after that, she was just soaking from sweat!  It was weird to walk into the hotel with a practically naked baby!
Once we got back to the hotel, Chris and I played with Hope on the bed, we found that she loves to be tickled and giggled away! Of course music to our ears!  Once I changed her diaper, put a cute little outfit on her I fed her a bottle.  We played a little more on the bed, she started to cry, so I picked her up rocked her, and within a minute she was fast asleep.  And now she's been asleep for about 2 hours!  Not sure if she will sleep the rest of the night or not!  Should be an interesting evening!
More later...



Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

Follow along as our family tree blooms, blossoms and grows! www.waitingforhope.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Luna said...

I'm so happy you FINALLY have your beautiful girl...AT LAST! I hope when you say more later...YOU MEAN PICTURES! Come on, I'm DYING HERE! ;)

She sounds just a sweet as her pictures showed. I love that she melted right into you. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

I thought about you all night as I lay awake packing in my mind! I soo hope you get your pictures working but keep us posted either way. It sounds like everything is going great, what a little sweetie!!
Regina

Judy said...

Lynn, it all sounds like a wonderful dream. I can only imagine how magical it was. Give
Hope a kiss from me! Love, Judy

Cliff said...

Lynn and Jim,

We can't put into words how happy we are for you. Reading your account of getting Hope reminds me of the day Grace came home. Grace, btw, was very excited to hear you have her and wants to know when you will be home. Have a safe trip and your family will soon be all together.

Cliff, Kim, Noah and Grace.

Canada to China and back! said...

Congrats! Hope all is still going well for you! Thanks for sharing your journey it is so inspiring for the rest of us still waiting!

Mrs. U said...

How WONDERFUL to hear all this great news!!! YOU HAVE HOPE!!! HOPE HAS COME!!!!!!!!!!!

And dear Hope, you have such a sweet mommy!! She will love you so very much!

His,
Shari

Truly Blessed said...

What wonderful, wonderful news! congratulations!!!

Can't wait to see pictures - one little teeny one would suffice!

Our Journey To Eden said...

Congratulations!!! Couldn't be happier for you!!!! Today I was able to pull you blog up on Ron's phone while driving in the car. I read your post aloud to the boys and Ron. We all just can't wait to SEE Hope and are so happy that things are going so well!!! Love you all!!!!!

Julianne said...

Pictures would be good.... Skype would be great! We are constantly thinking of all of you and praying for you. I am so glad that you have Hope in yours arms now. I can't imagine how awesome that must feel!! JP wants Chris to know he is thinking about him and can't wait to talk to him. Congratulations....God is good!

The Hartley's said...

YIPPEEEEEE, YIPPEEEEE!!!!! THIS IS THE DAY YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, WE ARE SO, SO, SO, SO, EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!!