Thursday, July 30, 2009

Party of Hope - Updated Pictures - Take a look!



Our Party of Hope on July 22nd was just something I needed to do. Our family and friends have let us cry and held our hands not just for these last 4 years but for the last 10. This has been a true journey of Hope.


After dinner and the rain subsided we all headed to my little patio where I tearfully tried to say some nice things about everyone and thank them for all their amazing support. Then we passed out our 50 balloons - one for each month since we started our process and a couple extra... just because they were in the bag!

And then.... we let them go...

Such a joyful day with people we truly love!



Our friend Julianne made this adorable Chinese take out box cake with a baby inside! The logo is the symbol for Hope... We just loved it! It just made me laugh!

Big Sister Kate - Holding her copy of Hope's picture!!


The American Girl stuff was a big hit! Kate got to play with the big kids!!

All in all - it was a dream - all of it - this journey - our family and friends - we are blessed - God is Good.

Hope is coming home to a huge loving family!

9 comments:

Carol said...

That was sweet.....love the cake. Come on TA!!!

Our Journey To Eden said...

What a fun day! So glad I could be part of it!

Sherri said...

what a wonderful thing to do, I only wish I could have been there looks like tons of fun. Now come on TA!!

Luna said...

I wish I could have been there. Maybe, it's best I wasn't....I would have been a crying mess when the balloons were released. I'm sappy like that. ;)

Kristy said...

Oh the balloons ,what a beautiful idea, if you dont mind we might use that one day soon. What a beautiful day.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Kristy said...

Thank you Lynn !! I will check into the fortune cookie idea, that is such a fun idea, there is also a store call Bath Junkie and they make fortune cookie soap, it is so darn cute, but I like the idea of putting a verse in there. Throughout this entire journey I have had two verses taped to my desk and if you dont mind I would like to share them with you.

We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy.
Colossians 1:11

Don't get tired of doing what is good, Dont get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
Galatians 6:9

You are reaping your harvest of blessing right now and I cant wait until it is our turn.
God bless you.

Love and blessings, Kristy

k1 said...

Can't wait to follow your journey... are you posting while in China?

Jay and Emily said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all and can't wait to hear all about your trip and sweet little Hope.

Lori said...

Oh I LOVE the balloon idea and might have to borrow that from you!! I should start saving balloons now....I'll need them! :)
How wonderful to throw a party to celebrate with your family and friends, congratulations again!!