Chris & The Pink Bunny
A year ago we were still waiting.
Waiting for either of our adoptions to progress but knew we were getting close to our adoption of Kate. One day while in Sam's Club Chris spotted these enormous stuffed bunnies and chicks for about $20. He was so excited since he knew we always bought him a stuffed animal each Easter, he wanted to buy one for each of the girls. His excitement almost won me over but no, I couldn't buy yet another thing for children who weren't here. So I explained to him that when he actually had a sister, how much more fun it would be to buy them things, that we should wait.
As Christmas approached we checked Sam's to see if they had anything like that for Christmas but they didn't, so Chris picked up a cute Teddy Bear for Kate and spent his own money to give her her first bear. She adores this thing it's bigger than she is and she will tackle it, kiss it (ie. open mouth) and giggle excitedly when she sees it. So cute.
Last night, was my 'Mom's Night Out'. I got my hair cut and got to go grocery shopping without kids. (Wooo Hooo) I decided to stop at Sam's to see if they happened to have those bunnies again this year and was beside myself giddy, when I spotted them! They must have had 8 different animals all for just under $20! They are 42" long and under stuffed for extra floppiness! I immediately called Chris on my cell to tell him. Why is it he sounds about half his age over the phone? His little voice and his excitement just touched my heart. When I asked which one he wanted to get Kate, he very sweetly said, "The pink one!" I could have easily guessed!
As I walked out to my car carrying a giant pink bunny, I had tears streaming down my face. Tears of joy for me, a boy who waited so very long to be a brother and a little girl who is so very much wanted and loved.

2 comments:
Alright, now I have tears streaming down my face too. You need to put a warning at the top of a post like this so I can go grab the Kleenex first.
Do you know how many Easter baskets Ava has had already....Not counting this year? I'm sure you guessed three. You're correct.
Lisa,
Sorry... I do pull a tear jerker once in a while... among the rest of my jilted sarcastic sick of waiting posts!
And yes we have made up baskets each year too, and even decorated eggs with her name. Last year we did TWO extra baskets...
So what do you think? Will we have Hope for next Easter??? ;)
Post a Comment