Christmas & 8 Months
Christmas this year was a struggle of emotion for me. On one hand I was going to enjoy our first Christmas with Kate and wanted to make the season magical for her and Chris. Yet each and everyday I was reminded of Hope. Listening to my Third Day Offerings CD, unpacking her Christmas ornaments and finding her gifts from seasons past, even our tradition of Chinese food for Christmas Eve were all reminders of our sad journey.
I felt guilty for being happy, feeling guilty for being sad...
Even though we have been given this amazing blessing in Kate, I still couldn't help missing Hope. We have prayed for her for 3.5 years, every day. She is a part of us, a member of our family. Now I am praying that next Christmas we will have our entire family home with us. We miss you Hope...
Kate & Chris had a fun Christmas season!
We asked Chris to go with Kate to visit Santa, he was very reluctant but we told him he didn't have to SIT on his lap he could just kneel down. He was a trooper, and then Santa took his hand and asked him a TON of questions! He wouldn't let him go!
Kate loved Santa so much, one day when my mom and I were shopping we just took her though again. I love the shot my mom got of her staring into his eyes! Next year?? We'll see!
The pictures of Kate in the sled were taken a week earlier, the little dress was given to us by my Aunt & Uncle. We just did a little photo shoot under our tree! That sled has been part of my decorations for years. She barely fit!
On Christmas Eve we attended an early Children's service, had dinner at our favorite Chinese resteraunt, then headed home to open a few gifts and watch the Grinch. (tradition) I was able to find time to make Kate her little nightgown. I found a picture on-line and made my own version. The little roses were hand stitched using a buillion embroidery book Jim bought me for Mother's day a few years ago, it was a dream come true to be able to make such a pretty gown for her first Christmas. I can't wait to make matching one's next year!
Christmas day was much like our Thanksgiving but with gifts! We relaxed at home with my mom cooked lots of food and played with Kate. She loved her gifts but loved the gift wrap so much more!
And... I did give you all a peek of her on Christmas Eve! I posted her picture and no one noticed!!!




4 comments:
Ohhhh I noticed the picture on Christmas Eve!!! Aren't you proud of me???!!! Your daughter has the most adorable smile.....What a happy girl!!
beautiful, thanks for sharing these with us..what a family!!!
Okay, Lisa I know YOU noticed! I have to give you a medal for not outing me!!
We love her smile too, especially because she shows it ALL the time! She really is such a happy girl!
Amy - thank you! I can't wait to see pictures of your family together!
I love these pictures!! And I do know how you felt. Even with all the happiness and family around, it was so hard knowing that another Christmas has come and gone with our Franceska, because you are right they are real and they are in our hearts, but I do know this they will be home soon.
Love, Kristy
Post a Comment