Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beth Moore

I have to say that one of the things I have done to fill my time during this wait, was to join a Woman's Bible Study. Last year I was introduced to my first Beth Moore study of Daniel. WHOA! This woman is a dynamo. For the first time I did a group study and was eager to do my homework all the way through to the end. She spoke to me as a woman and it wasn't boring. at. all. Since then I also did her "Believing God" study with the girls and found such peace in so many areas of my life.

As a lifelong Christian, attending the United Methodist Church growing up and though out our marriage and attending Lutheran schools from 6th - 12th grade, I have always believed in God, known the benefit of prayer and leading a Christ centered life. It was how I was raised, what I chose for myself when I was confirmed. God was there when I made choices good and bad. He was there in joyful times as well as when I was grieving. He was even there when I forgot him from time to time. I am not one of those people who can say, on a certain date, I was saved. I have always know I was saved, and he continually saves me every day.

We all have things we can share that have 'happened' to us. Things that have shaken us, robbed us of our innocence, our Hope. These things, when overcome, shape our lives. They can make us stronger, more compassionate, emotionally mature. We ALL have them, the difference is how we deal with them. One of my favorite bible verses is Romans 5:3-4 We rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, HOPE.

So... what has a 3 year wait to adopt after 6 years of infertility treatment, produced from me? It has truly taught me a lesson in God's timing. God gave me the strength to fight, to persevere, to seek Him more and to eventually bask in His blessings and to find true joy and peace. To trust Him, that Hope will come... at the perfect time.

Due to a scheduling conflict I can't attend the Women's Bible Study right now. I'm not sure why, but I have had David on my mind lately. I decided to start reading Samuel and study David on my own. After a few chapters, I had a million questions, that I knew Beth Moore would have already researched! I decided to see if she had a David study. The next day I hit my favorite Christian book store and found that they didn't have one from Beth, I almost bought one by Charles Swindol but decided to check the net instead. When I looked on line I found it and immediately ordered it. Later that day, I was flipping channels, and noticed something about Singapore, (everything Asian I seem to peek at) so I stopped, it was a Pastor Joseph Prince teaching about David! I just had to smile...

Right now, I don't know why God chose David's lessons for me... but I will let you know when I start the book! Daniel was about being Godly in and Un-Godly world, Believing God taught me to trust Him completely, that God can do anything and with Him I can do anything, maybe David will stop me from feeling so small in a world full of Philistine giants!! I need to go get a slingshot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome post. did my first beth moore study this summer (psalms) and cant wait to do daniel


stay blessed