Friday, October 3, 2008

30 Months

Even though I haven't seen the official cut-off being announced, I believe based on referrals I've seen, I can safely say the October batch cut off date was February 15th 2006. 6 days.

We are now officially 35 LID days away from being matched. We just celebrated 30 months waiting.

So based on the 6 day batch nothing has changed for my prediction on when we might see Hope's face for the first time. However, this last dismally small batch has kept me from getting my expectations up for more than a 6 day average in the upcoming months.

If the average number of days referred from now until they get to us is 6 days then we should be matched in April, travel in May. If they speed up a bit: 7 or 8 days March referral travel in April or 9 days February referral, travel in March.

Praying for 9 day averages going forward, but also praying that the I800 will not be a nightmare and disqualify us after our long, excruciating wait.

2 comments:

Our Journey To Eden said...

Wow. 30 months.

Please explain what is going on with your I171.

Lynn said...

Amiee- I wish I knew...

My 2nd I-171H (the free one) expires mid April. My agency says that as long as we can get our consolate appointment before it expires we should be all set. As of now, I don't see that possible.

In January we will need to renew, as far as I know now, we will need to file an I-800 which falls under the new Hague. As of today, our agency is still pending their Hague approval. If they do not get approved by the time we renew... it will be messy.

If they are approved, I just am not sure what all is involved with the I-800 but it will require a bit of paperwork etc... not looking forward to that.