Didn't Get Lost!!!
Actually the trip downtown was straightforward, with directions typed up by The Perfect Nerd, I got there in record time, and didn't miss any turn-offs!!
Our appointment was at 3pm so TPN just met me there, minutes from his work. There was almost no one waiting so it want very quickly, unlike our last visit!
The Detroit 'Assistance Center' (I think that's what they called it) is actually in a strip mall! We found that quite unusual, especially since there is a Chinese Restaurant called the Lucky Dragon very close to where you get fingerprinting. Our last visit was at 8:30 am so we didn't get to visit the Lucky Dragon, but today we stopped in for a very quick spring roll and fortune cookies...
My Chinese word: Birthday
Jim's fortune: Things are turning for the bright side.
Jim's Chinese word: Vegetable
My Fortune: All the world will not love a lover but they will all be watching him.
I burst into tears at my Chinese word, laughed when Jim read his, loved his fortune, but didn't understand mine until I spoke to my friend Edie. She immediately said, "That's Jesus!" Bless her heart, I wasn't paying attention... I love my fortune now!
Everyone please pray for Edie. The doctors have found a spot on her pancreas that looks to be pre-cancerous or cancerous. She is being scoped in just over a week.


9 comments:
She's going on my sidebar.
Thanks K1! I saw your sidebar yesterday and thought of doing one myself!
You're a brave woman to drive in that city. It's WAY TOO big for my taste. But hey, so is Seattle, and I'm going there...where either K1 or my DH will chauffer me around!
Yay, fingerprint redo done. Check!
Just said a prayer for your friend.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks TB-! Can't wait to hear all about Katiepaloosa!!!
Katie's big trip to Seattle!
Birthday.... what a great word to get!
Glad everything went well.
So sorry to hear about your friend.
Thank you for praying, Lynn. Too bad you can't make it out for Katiepalooza.
I will say a prayer for Edie. Congrats on making it through Detroit and getting your fingerprints done. There is a Chinese restaurant right by the place where we had ours done. Interesting...
We are also waiting for our second fingerprinting appointment to arrive in the mail any day now!!! I will keep your friend Edie in my prayers. And I think your fortune was awesome!!!! Have a blessed week.
Wow, you're fortune was way cool!
Post a Comment