NOTICE: NON-CYBER FRIENDS
Now, I know, you all know, that the whole reason I blog is, because I can't stop talking. So when you aren't around to talk to or hang out with I have had to resort to blogging! All my new cyber-friends keep me company during the day by leaving me comments and making me feel... well, appreciated!
I would love it if my non-cyber friends would leave comments. You may not be leaving comments because you might feel intimidated, feel you need a blogger ID or worry someone from cyber-land will send you weird e-mails. But I am here to tell you, you do not need to be afraid! You can leave comments quite easily and you don't even need to provide ANY personal info (except maybe a clue as to who you are)
So, here is your first Blog training!
At the bottom of each post you will find a comments line showing the number of comments in green. (Diagram 1)
If you click on the word 'COMMENTS' it will take you into the "Post a Comment Page".
On the "Post a Comment Page" you will find a list of comments on the left (if any) and the 'Leave your comment' box on the right. (Diagram 2)
Type a quick note in the large box. (Or long if you feel lead!)
STEP #3 & 4: Choose an identity
Other button: (best choice) Click this button and you will have a 'choice' of typing in your name or another identifier for yourself. First names are fine or you could put in say, "Shadow's Mom" or "The Perfect Nerd" or "Favorite Cousin" something I would know...
Anonymous button: Use this if you don't want me to know who you are. Say if you want to disagree with me... I wouldn't recommend this! ;)
STEP #5: Publish your comment
Once you type it all in, just click the big orange button "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" (Still Diagram 2)
It will then display on the right, for me and all of cyberland to see! (Diagram 3)
-Re-Cap At A Glance-
1. Click - COMMENT
2. Type what you want to say in the big box
3. Click the "Other" button
4. Type in your name (or skip altogether)
5. Click PUBLISH YOU COMMENT button
Now... I lets see those comments!
UPDATE: 6/8/07 I KNEW THIS WOULDN'T WORK....



9 comments:
Yep, my non-cyber friends are not much for commenting either. Well, at least you have little ole' me! =)
l&j
I love you! I just hung up with my mom... I asked her if she saw my blog today.
She said "I'm a very private person, why should I type something when I can talk to you!"
Oh my gosh...this is hysterical!! An honest-to-goodness tutorial on posting comments!
I might need to borrow this from you, as I have over 400 individual addresses checking my blog, and maybe 12 people ever leaving comments.
Aaarrrrgggghhh!!!
You are not alone! Have a great weekend with your guys. And Lynn, SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!! (well, it is for Christoper and two of my boys, but my oldest still has two days of exams next week : (
TB!
I had a former life at EDS one of my many hats included desktop computer training. I had to create my own training manuals for my classes.
So it was fun to type this up! I think my friends response to this was the same as my customers were back then... unimpressed!
You can have whatever you want... I'll mail you the HTML if you want.
You're such a wench! I'm non-cyber because of time. I prefer the phone. I also needed the instructions..... thanks.
PS please don't get excited, I'm still not leaving a lot of comments. Shadow's mom indeed. Name me something else.
Don't worry everyone, Shadow's Mom is actually really nice, and... Christian...
Shadow's Mom- you can name yourself anything you want, that was the whole point! I won't complain too much since you know what I 'did' on Saturday!
And 'no' Jim did not kill me... he didn't have too... I have enough guilt...
48 69 20 4C 79 6E 6E
44 6F 65 73 20 74 68 69 73 20 6D 61 6B 65 20 6D 65 20 61 20 63 79 62 65 72 20 66 72 69 6E 64 3F
My husband and I are currently LID 3/20/07 and very discouraged by the standstill with China adoptions. We are researching domestic agencies and wanted to know if you could share the name of your agency and if you were happy with them.
Thanks
Amy Smillie
Post a Comment