Gone to Amish Country
While the boys are away, my mom and I are taking a few days to poke around Amish country. I am so excited to be going on a trip that doesn't involve sleeping bags and a cooler! We will be staying at a quaint country Inn, and are assured that there will be plenty of shops and sites to take in.
We planned the trip to coincide with the boys' camping trip so we could be near them for "Family Day". Wednesday we will be able to stop in to see Chris and Jim for the day, then go back to the Inn for the night!
____________________________________________________________________
On another Note:
SUPER NANNY:
I want everyone to think about my friend JT today. She is just one of those friends who is always there, ready with a hug, a funny story or a verbal smack to snap me into reality! Her attitude on life is right on and her faith in the Lord is strong. She is always inspiring me to buck up, put on my big girl panties and move forward then she makes me laugh until I have to change those panties!
JT is one of those women who serves God by taking care of children. On top of teaching the toddlers each Sunday and running all or part of VBS each year, she is a professional nanny. In her most recent job she cared for 2 children, the youngest was just 4 months old when she began three years ago. The family is moving out of state and today was her last day.
She has been sad about the move for weeks now and today was exceptionally difficult. I can't imagine her pain. How she loved these kids as if they were her own and now they will be taken away. I keep thinking about our choice not to adopt domestically because I didn't want to lose a baby if the birth mother changed her mind. Then I think about the nannies in China who over and over again nurture babies that end up being taken away. The loss must be tremendous, the choice to do it is heroic.
So cyber-hugs for you JT today...I'm sorry I'm going out of town... I will miss you...

6 comments:
Yeah! Something decadent and extravagant just for you AND you found an awesome picture to go with your post!
Have a great time (in Shipshewana maybe??)!
Will be thinking about your friend..Have a great time, that sounds awesome!
A big hug to your friend. How difficult that would be. And I have thought of the nannies who care for the orphans and their emotional sacrifice. I am hoping to be able speak with my daughter's caregiver to express to her how much love there is for our child and to let her know that she will be just fine.
I would love to go to amish country. We live in rural area outside of GR and there are some amish around, but not many.
Lynn thank you for all the lovely things you said. I'm sorry for all the "verbal slaps"! You know me, I'm a straight forward person who can be too outspoken. However, you're right, life is about putin on your big girl panties and moving forward! I love it, and I love you. Hope you have a great time in Amish country. I will say prayers for the nannies in China this week.
Hope you are having a wonderful time away.
We will have to get something on the calendar for next month...the summer is just flying by!
(as for your friend: that must be absolutely heart-wrenching. My thoughts are with her)
Lynn, TB's sister here. God bless your friend JT and heal her heart. Her since of loss for those children is just as real as any parent that would lose a child.
Post a Comment