This is No Kiddie Ride
Early this month rumors out of China were 'unbelievably' good.
We had 3 full weeks to dream about a possible speed up...
Now we are getting very close to referrals and rumors are not very good.
I guess we won't know until the ride is over, but it looks like we are back to the same old thing.
Waiting in line.
Best news of the week! I might be able to squeeze in a free ride with USCIS. My I-171H expires the end of August. If I renew after July 30th but before mine expires, I get a freebie!!
We had 3 full weeks to dream about a possible speed up...
Now we are getting very close to referrals and rumors are not very good.
I guess we won't know until the ride is over, but it looks like we are back to the same old thing.
Waiting in line.
Best news of the week! I might be able to squeeze in a free ride with USCIS. My I-171H expires the end of August. If I renew after July 30th but before mine expires, I get a freebie!!

9 comments:
I do not want to sound rude. But I think it's quite clear that for the next few years their will be no "speed-up." China had an unimaginable increase in the dossiers that were received during 2005 and in 2006. Although, RQ's numbers show that 2006 is not nearly as large.
The reason for the "slow-down" is not because they(the CCAA) doesn't have enough help, or because they're just going slow. It's because the Chinese Government will only allow a certain amount of babies to leave the country per year. And if their are tons more people per LID, then they will get through less of them each month. The CCAA is not giving out less referrals per month, therefore it is not a "slow-down," they are just going through less LIDs because they are so many more people logged-in per day.
Why will China only let a certain number of babies out per year? Who knows .... My agencie's best explanation is that they do not want other countries to look at immigration numbers and see millions of orphans pouring out each year. I guess China thinks this would "look bad." So they limit the amount of Visas that will be issued each year and so the CCAA can only refer a certain number of babies. It's so, so sad. But it's the reality in this process.
I think the main flaw in PAPs(prospective adoptive parents) is that we aren't always educated (myself included) as to why things happen the way they do: such as this "slow-down." It's not really a slow-down at all. But because of the increase in numbers, they are processing less LIDs per month.
I am not going to give up on China, though. Just like you and so many others, I know that God has a daughter for me there. And no matter how long it takes to get her, I will wait. But I can't promise that I will be patient every moment. :-) But I will not be going there for #2. I don't think that China will close it's doors for 3 years. But it could happen, and I don't want to be caught in a three year back-log even if I could get my dossier in before (IF) China closes it's doors.
All the best,
Caroline
Well, great news on saving about $500 - $600 for you!
Thanks TB!!!! Cute pics of Katie by the way! I love the pic on the path... 'near' the waterfall!
Caroline,
Thanks for stopping by,
And yes, I am aware of all the facts you stated. And agree that most likely during MY wait, there will not be a 'speed-up'.
YET... I always have some wiggle room for HOPE.
And RQ's rumors were pointing in that direction for the past two weeks. That's what I was commenting on.
The Chinese government can do whatever they want... they can allow more out or they can shut the program completely down.
For that reason... I will still slant my blog to the "Hopeful Realist".
"Here's how it is, here's what's likely, but.... maybe!"
WELL SAID... this is no kiddie ride.
And I disagree with anonymous... I just refuse to lose hope.
You are right on both counts, Lynn.
It ain't no kiddie ride, but you should never stop allowing yourself to hope.
Without THAT what is there?
Love ya and was so glad to finally meet you yesterday!
Sometimes I feel like anonymous but then after a little while that little glimmer of hope starts to creep in and I am back to where I want to be.... thinking positive and trying to celebrate each step toward our daughter. It is VERY hard but for my piece of mind and for my children I HAVE to have hope.
Anonymous Amiee..... Lynn, I hope you knew that wasn't me that posted :)
Kisses to Nikki and Amiee!
Had a great time yesterday Nikki! When I get a break I will be blogging about our visit!
Amiee, I can usually figure out when it's you! This person actually signed their name!
I am very happy you won't have to pay the fee. I think anytime any of us DON'T have to pay something in our adoption processes that it's a very good thing :)
Kim!
Thanks for being such a team player! :)
Post a Comment