Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Having a Week...

Confession...

It is Wednesday and I have done bare minimum this week. Once I get this off my chest I plan on getting back to reality!

I had such a busy week last week I decided to take a break Monday. I blogged, and did home office and updated our adoption website. I spent most of the day on the computer. I really had a bit to catch up on.

Yesterday, I went to the gym, but got rear-ended later on my way to put $80 of gas in my truck! :( The stupid fender bender (not my fault) just put a damper on my day and I ended up back in front of my computer... blogging and RQ-ing (this is a verb too).

Today, I had to run around to the insurance company and the body shop and when I got home I found myself, back here.... hmmmmmmm.

I just realized that I am comforting myself by doing whatever I can to stay connected to Hope. The recent rumors really have my heart and I can't seem to focus on anything else. But it will be at least 2 weeks before we see the next set of referrals. So I need to pry myself away.

In theory this really is not that much different than Soap Opera's and Bon Bons is it? It's too bad that doing laundry and cleaning toilets don't make me feel connected to Hope too!

I need coffee...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Today is one month exactly since our LID. One month and thirtysomething to go (big sigh). Eden has a giant countdown poster, an already 5 minute movie documenting the paperchase, a closet full of clothes, a journal started..... whatever you do don't let me create a blog. I totally know where you are coming from with needing that "connection".

Let's get together and put or adoption obsession to good use. Lets be productive and make some more onesies or make a Babies R Us run. I am pretty open next week.

Have to run. We are having Chinese tonight.... the China adoption obsession continues!

Ava's family said...

I was going to say that you sure have been on the computer A LOT today updating your site twice!!....Then, I remembered that there is only one way I would know this...I'm guilty of the same thing this week.

Sorry to hear you were rear-ended. How is your neck? Think you might be suffering from a whiplash? Better get a call in to the chiropractor! =)

Lynn said...

Anonymous Amiee - you are destined to be a blogger... I see it in your future!

I've decided... you are not going to have a 3 year wait! I don't want to wait that long!

Yes, we need to get together soon!

Lynn said...

L&J- I know I was worrried I was bothering you with all my PM's!


LOL! No I don't need a Chiro! They scare me.. but if we move to GR I will definitely start seeing your DH!! Since he isn't 'wacky'!

Truly Blessed said...

Hey, I came in on the tail end of the conversation, and caught the words "if we move to GR"...

Well? Is this a real possibility or not? How cool would that be?

Sorry about the car...and the wait.

Lynn said...

TB- Actually a move to GR came up before the holidays. My DH works for GM and was up for a promotion. The choices he had with the group he was in were only in plants...

I said, hmmm how bout Atlanta or Tennisee? He said, Flint, GR or egad -somewhere in Wisconsin????


He changed groups and got his promo at the Renisance Center... moving at this time would have driven me over the coo coo's nest!

GR is NOT out of the question in the future... however, my mom would take exception to that!