Sunday, September 13, 2009

This is just to say...

When I was in 8th grade we were given a writing assignment called This is just to say.  We were told to write This is just to say... than any random thoughts.  Here are some things I have been on my mind! 
This is just to say... God is good!  I'm thankful for all I have and am glad our timings finally met!
This is just to say... I am so happy!
This is just to say... Hope is just beautiful!
This is just to say... We are very blessed.
This is just to say...  China is so very different yet so very much the same as the US. 
This is just to say... I miss Katie so badly.
This is just to say... I can't wait to get home, yet don't want to leave.
This is just to say... I am wondering how I will survive not sleeping for the next year?
This is just to say... Hope does NOT like the stroller we borrowed!
This is just to say... It is stinkin' hot here!
This is just to say... I miss Target-ing!
This is just to say... Squatty potty? Twice!  Not to bad actually!
This is just to say... Bare baby bottoms and peeing in the street? Everywhere!  We play a different version of "Slug-bug" here, "Baby Bottom"!
This is just to say... Hope LOVES TV!  Not happy about that!
This is just to say...  I LOVE her smile, and her giggle is infectious!
This is just to say... There are smells here like no other...
This is just to say... Bed hardness - Beijing: Firm, Changsha: Hard, Guangzhou: Rock Hard!  I never knew I would be comfortable on these beds!
This is just to say... I hate the crib at the White Swan, the crib at the Dolton was so very nice, with very beautiful bedding. Not so much here...
This is just to say... I am thankful that Lisa loaned me her flat iron!
This is just to say... Chris has gone without eating or eating nothing but junk, Jim however is eating any old thing - turtle, snake, duck tongue, octopus, cuttlefish, snail etc... I have not kissed him since we got here!
This is just to say...  I have gotten completely used to not cooking, I hope my family will adjust to our new schedule at home, no cooking but no food!!
This is just to say... Bladder infection = antibiotics = diarrhea = hemorrhoids=nuff said!
This is just to say... Soooo thankful no one got sick so far! Fingers crossed here...
This is just to say... Squeaky Shoes!!! Everywhere!!  $4!  Hope's first pair? Hot pink Chinese fabric!  So darn cute.  Jim just kept squeezing her feet everywhere we went!
This is just to say... Driving in China??  Makes New York look like a Sunday morning!
This is just to say... I miss ice.  I wanted an iced latte soooooo badly.  Starbucks looked so good but too hot for hot coffee here.  Chris was bummed we didn't let him have a Slurpee at 7-11.
This is just to say... They have Pringles in Shrimp, Seaweed and Crab flavors... I'm sure Jim will try some. 
This is just to say... having trouble finding a Moon cake we like.
This is just to say... Chris has been doing homework each day and keeping up very nicely. I still want him to do a blog post on his experiences here.
This is just to say...  my mind is going blank now... must be lack of sleep!

5 comments:

k1 said...

I'm sure Chris will catch up on his eating at the WS breakfast buffet. That's where my nephews got the most of their daily sustenance. BIG breakfast every day.

You'll be on a plane home really soon. Enjoy the remainder of your time.

Luna said...

This is just to say....You guys are such a beautiful family.

Truly Blessed said...

Great recap.

BTW, the crib bedding at our hotel in the Nanchang had some critters in it - both girls were covered with little red bumps after the first night sleeping in their cribs. After the 2nd night (duh!) we removed all of the bedding and made do with other things and the problem was solved!

Susan said...

Slurpee's are okay to drink. We all had them every day when we were in Guangzhou five years ago. Never had any problem with them. I think they come premixed so no local water was used.

The Hartley's said...

Oh my gosh! This post gave us a GOOD LAUGH, thank you Lynn! I love it!!!!