Friday, September 11, 2009

Good Bye Changsha Hello Guangzhou!

Tonight is our last night in Changsha, the city we first met our sweet Hope.  We are leaving our hotel at 5:30 am!  Who planned that? 
Our flight out of Changsha leaves at 8am and we will be in Guangzhou just after 9.  (Jim said)  Once we get our luggage we will immediately head to take the children for their Visa medical exam. Who planned that?
Once that is over we are on our way to the White Swan Hotel where we will have 2.5 full days to ourselves to rest and explore the Shamian Island.  We can hardly wait!  Do you think they have Mexican?  I hate to say I'm getting a little tired of Chinese food!  I am not a fan of McDonald's but we actually hit one today and it hit the spot!  Hope ate her first chicken nuggets, (with the breading removed) and devoured them. 
We also went to Kaifu Temple.  One of the oldest temples in Changsha. It was absolutely beautiful and a very peaceful way to spend the afternoon. 
Other than that we really have just been hanging out with Hope and resting when she naps.  Our rooms here are absolutely amazing.  We reserved the suite and they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite.  So Chris has an entire hotel room to himself that connects to our living room.  Our bedroom is enormous and has plenty of space for our queen size bed, a crib, dresser, table and chairs and a desk with room to move!  We are very spoiled.
  
She has been getting up around 5am so we are pretty tired the rest of the day.  It is also quite hot here and the city proper is very busy and smoggy.  The people all have been very nice and of course we get a ton of attention.  People have asked to have their pictures taken with us and most people at least smile and talk to Hope. 
On another note... the desk with the LAN line (no wireless here) is in our bedroom so when Hope is napping we can't use the PC.  On top of not being able to get to our pictures, PC time is limited.  In Guangzhou, we will have wireless and the desk will not be in our bedroom so hopefully I can update better and somehow find another person to download pictures for me! 
Also... family and friends who aren't familiar with blogger, I can not see your comments here in China.  Please continue to leave them but if you want to communicate, feel free to e-mail!  That I can read! 
Love from us all!

4 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Glad things are going well for you, and I just can't believe that your trip is so close to being over! Only 2 1/2 days in Guangzhou? Very fast.

Enjoy your last night in Changsha!

Our Journey To Eden said...

Sounds like things are going great!!! We are so enjoying following along with you! Can't wait to see more pictures of Hope and to hear more about your trip. Miss you all!

k1 said...

Glad you're on the home stretch. One thing, I don't remember wireless in GZ. Still had to hook up to the cable in the room.

The Hartley's said...

This is so much fun following your blog, I feel like we are there with you!!!!