It's A Girl

After an excruciatingly long wait, I can finally share the news of the birth of our daughter Kate. We were advised to wait to share our news until her adoption was final. Then we just waited until the holidays were over and today we were given the go ahead. I HATED not being able to shout it to the world!
I have a million things to say - I will try and post a little of our story every day so everyone can catch up.
I'll start with our first few days:
We began our journey in domestic adoption a year ago, actually applied with an agency one year ago today. Our paperwork and profile were submitted by Valentines Day and we started receiving calls the following week. We were called about Kate's birth mom in the end of April, a week later we accepted her and the next day she was born. She was 26 hours old when she was placed in my arms. She is a miracle.
HOPE:
Yes, we were given the approval to continue with our adoption of Hope. We NEVER intended to only adopt one child. I know of many people who are or have only children and they are perfectly happy. But our experience with our son growing up most of his childhood without a sibling was lonely, and we wanted Hope to have a sister and now our girls will have each other, an a big brother that is amazingly happy and proud to be called just that - brother.
SO VERY SORRY:
I want everyone to know that I realize that our good news might bring sadness to others. I understand. I waited 9 years 5 months. Watching family members, friends and neighbors give birth to child after child. I watched while those a year or more in line behind me, switched to SN or changed programs and were able to adopt. While I was truly always happy for them and wouldn't want their situation changed, it brought on the pain and loss of infertility each and every time. So I truly apologize, if my joy will bring sadness to anyone.




19 comments:
I'm just THRILLED for your family!
I'm so glad that you won't have any issue with China and you can still bring Hope home! How wonderful!!!!!!
Kate is simply beautiful! How wonderful for your family to be larger than initially expected! Looking forward to seeing Hope soon, too! Congrats!
Congratulations!! She is just beautiful. Soon you'll bring Hope home and then we can celebrate again with you.
Hugs,
Carla
Kate you are so very thoughtful thinking of how others may feel by your wonderful news. Congratulations your daughter is as beautiful as her momma!
I can't believe I forgot to say how BEAUTIFUL I think Kate is. I love the Christmas photo!
I can't believe I forgot to say how BEAUTIFUL I think Kate is. I love the Christmas photo!
I guess I shouldn't have hit the button twice! =)
Just stopping by from RQ...
Congrats on your beautiful daughter! I love the photo of her giving a big stretch in the slideshow...
Oh my word -- she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Congratulations, Lynn - what a lovely, wonderful surprise! I thought, when I saw your blog addy on RQ's site that you had switched to SN and received a referral, I had no idea that you were adopting domestically.
What lovely, lovely news!
Oh, and do I need to tell you how much I love her name? Nah.... : )
Lynn,
Let it never be said that you can't keep a secret. After all this time of us praying for you because of the seeminly never ending wait and you've had your 1st daughter for 9 months now!
She has the same name, same spelling as my youngest sister, K4.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so wonderful and I am beyond HAPPY for you and your family. Kate is just simply adorable!!!! Hope will be home soon to join her!!
Beautiful and congrats !
Lynn
I found your link on China Adopt Talk. What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. My husband and I started our adoption journey to China in June 2008. We have completed our paperwork and have just a few things left to check off the list to send our Dossier off to China.
We are now pursuing a domestic adoption as well. WE are being told that the wait will not be long!
We can not believe it...When I look at pictures of your beautiful gift it brings me such hope.
Thank you for sharing.
Sheri
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a beautiful daughter the Lord has blessed you with!!! I am rejoicing with your family!!!!!!
His,
Mrs. U
Congratulations! She is adorable! It will be fun having 2 girls so close together in age!
Congradulations, our son is now 17 and he was an only child. we are with you Norah will be getting a sister.
Glen
Wow Lynn, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such wonderful news....I had to read through these last few posts a few times (lol) as I was majorly confused...but now I understand this amazing story and how incredibly blessed you've been!! You are so close to your other baby girl and how wonderfully full your house will be! Big brother must be so proud!
Congratulations! :)
ps Kate is ADORABLE, love the Santa dress! :)
Post a Comment