Finding Joy
Nikki, this is my reply to your comment:
After7 years of infertility treatment our decision to adopt was incredibly healing and filled me with a completeness I hadn't felt for many years . But now the delay of our adoption has been overwhelmingly heartbreaking and has left me deeply wounded.
I have been hiding... by living my life, being 'happy' with what I have.
God has given me an abundance of blessings, family and friends who love God and who love me. In them and in Him I have found my refuge.
Focusing on them has allowed me to heal and enjoy the Christmas season.
So I have been hiding, by Finding Joy instead of Waiting for Hope.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
I have been hiding... by living my life, being 'happy' with what I have.
God has given me an abundance of blessings, family and friends who love God and who love me. In them and in Him I have found my refuge.
Focusing on them has allowed me to heal and enjoy the Christmas season.
So I have been hiding, by Finding Joy instead of Waiting for Hope.
Merry Christmas Everyone!


10 comments:
Merry Christmas! May we add you to our blog list?
Oh Lynn! You've got me crying here!
I'm so glad to hear from you - and I'm happy that you are finding your Joy...
let's get together after the New Year.
Hugs! Hugs! Hugs!
Carol - absolutely
Nikki - you are on!
Love your spirit... Merry Christmas!
Love your spirit... Merry Christmas!
Kris - Thank-you, it think most of us would agree that you have deepest soul and your willingness to show it is brave.
Been wondering where you were! Glad you are somewhere joyful. Miss you though!
Love the bluebird by the baby :)
Merry Christmas!
Perhaps her name should be Joy? I lovelovelove it spelled Jeaux.
Many hugs to you!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
Lynn,
I so understand how you're feeling...sometimes a bit of distance makes everything more liveable. I know that while we waited for Katie my attitude was so hard on my family (I think they thought at times that they were 2nd class citizens and that the baby was all I cared about -- which is not true at all, but I understand where that came from). It's important to remove yourself from it to get the proper perspective.
And now I'm right back in the wait for our 2nd daughter -- only this wait is harder in a way. I've seen her face and know her name, know that she's getting older each day, and know that I cannot control anything about when we can get to her. I'm so concerned about her medical needs, but there is nothing I can do. This wait is so hard, it hurts.
Here's a little prayer that your family enjoys a wonderful Christmas and it's the last one you'll ever have without your daughter home, where she belongs.
Post a Comment