China Update
I have NOT posted in the last few months when there has been a change in the Chinese adoption world, largely because most of my audience is on the same Roller Coaster I am and don't need the Play By Play.
So I am going to post today to get my family and friends up to date on our adoption progress. Can anyone say, "Year of the Snail"?
OUT OF REVIEW
- The CCAA has reviewed all dossiers logged in (LID) through June 30, 2006, as of this week.
- Now they have 13 months of dossiers sitting, waiting for the CCAA approval, pray for these people.
MATCHED
- The first week of July, the CCAA matched families with LID's from November 8 - 14, 2005. (7 days this cycle, this stinks)
- This leaves 128 LID days until they reach our LID, March 22, 2006. (our golden ticket)
- This also leaves 7.5 months to match that are currently in the Matching Room, add the 13 more waiting - over 20 months behind overall.
LYNN's LAW of AVERAGES
Glass is EMPTY theory: If the CCAA continues at the snail pace of matching 2-9 days each cycle, (I'll go with 7 day average) it will take (128/7=18.28) another 20 months before we are referred! I won't even figure that month out...
Glass is FULL theory: If the CCAA picks up its pace once November is all matched (big month for adoption requests) say 15 - 20 days per cycle. Then the overall average might move up to 15. (128/15=8.53) or 9 more months - April 2008 referral.
Glass is HALF FULL theory: (my bet) I believe that the overall average will become larger, but not sure if it will make it to 15. So if we go with the mid line between 7 & 15, OR 11, then (128/11=11.63) or ANOTHER YEAR. - July 2008 referral.
Oh, yeah, Don't forget to tac on 2 more months until we travel, and a referral in June may end us in China during the Olympics. Then we will have to re-mortgage the house for airfare (Just kidding, I think?)
At this point, I believe we will have another Christmas, another school year, and very possibly another summer, without a referral. I am deeply saddened by the thought of this. Chris is growing into a young man before my eyes and I can't imagine another year without a sister for him or a daughter us, or a baby at home to care for.
My actual wish at this point would be an early April 2008 referral, travel by mid-May and be home for Chris' last 2 weeks of 6th grade. This or sooner...
If we truly must wait until the fall of 2008 to unite with Hope, it will be a 3 year wait, as we began our official journey on October 17, 2005, expecting no more than a years wait.
So, I am asking for prayer - The prayer that never fails, "Thy will be done." and the strength and patience to live with the outcome. I still believe that this is where we should be - Waiting for Hope - however hopeless it may seem.


8 comments:
Did you change your blog's background color? Hmmmm. I think something is wrong with my computer. When I came onto your blog, it wouldn't let me click on anything, not even the comments. I refreshed it and for about ten seconds it would let me, and then it would 'freeze' again. I refreshed it again and clicked on the comments. Is this happening with anyone else?
On another note- Bless you heart! I can't imagine just not knowing.... It could be another two years or it could be 9months. *sigh* I will be praying!
catherine-
thank - for telling me about my 'comment' problems.
I was just changing some colors today, hmmm...
Thank-you! for they prayers! I'm hoping for the 9 months!
I hope 9 months for you too!
Thanks Kris!
Catherine are you the Catherine from Catherineschatter?
If so we are one day LID apart!
Will be praying that the CCAA picks up speed!
Lynn,
Take heart, this WILL happen. Remember this journey is in GOD's hands and not ours. We will go when He deems it time to go!!!! I agree we will probably have another Christmas, and for you another school year. I am hoping for both of us that we are both home before Olympics 2008.
Debbie,
"From you lips, to God's ears!"
;)
Lynn,
Wow. I know this seems so bleak. I remember being exactly where you are. I don't know if you know but we waited 3 years for Kate Emerson. We had originally applied to Korea and the month it was our turn--they changed their policy and we could no longer adopt a girl and we would have to wait 2 more years for a boy. So, our agency advises us to switch to China (the wait for a referral was 6-8 months at the time). Well you know how that turned out. Everyone else decided to apply to China too!
It is so hard to wait. In looking back...God did have a plan. I didn't want to beleive that at the time. I thought...my faith is strong...I know patience...I don't need to wait. But there was a reason... Kate is the daugther that was meant to be ours. I cannot explain it. Also, of course my faith had a lot more growing to do;I was just too stubborn to see it at the time. (I am not saying this is the case for you or anyone else).
Anyway, sorry for the long response but I know how hard the wait is and I just want to tell how VERY WORTH IT it is. I would do it all over again for another Kate! We're not doing it again (mostly because we feel we'll be too old by the time we'd get another child).
Stay strong and hang in there buddy!
Kim (from 3 peanuts)
Post a Comment